The Zoom with PayPal connection enables you to charge your webinar using PayPal for a registration fee. Upon registration for your webinar, participants will be brought to PayPal for full payment. Once you have completed the transaction, you will get details about the webinar joining.
Registration fees may also be required for on-demand webinars. If someone registers before starting a webinar, both the live webinar and the recorded are available. When someone registers after the webinar begins, they may only see the recording and no registration cost will be charged.
If this functionality is activated, a restricted number of registrants is automatically enabled. The number of registrants can’t be more than the webinar license of the host (for example, if the host has a Webinar 500 license, and the PayPal integration is enabled, the maximum amount of registrants allowed will be 500). The number of registrants, however, may be limited to a quantity below the maximum capacity.
Note: If registrants use Paypal for the first time or pay using a new form of payment, Paypal may be charged a temporary $1 fee.
Note: This functionality is presently being implemented for all webinar licensed accounts. Contact Zoom Support if you do not have the choice indicated in the steps below.
Enabling the feature for your account
- Log in to the online portal Zoom.
- Click on Account Management and Webinar Settings in the navigation panel
- Tap Edit next to Allow Registration Fee in the Registration Settings section.
- Check to Allow the registration fee option to charge.
- Click PayPal Connect.
- A new window opens for your PayPal account to log in.
- Enter your email address and choose from the drop-down menu your country.
- Click Next.
- Sign in to your account using PayPal.
- Choose if this is a personal or corporate account.
- Check the PayPal and Zoom conditions and click Accept and Connect.
- Click Zoom Video Communications back to zoom.
- Click Save on the Zoom online site.
Turning to your webinar registration costs
- Sign up for the online portal Zoom.
- Click Webinars in the navigation menu.
- Click on the subject of the webinar to charge registration costs.
- Click Edit in the Registration Settings section of the Invitations tab.
- Check registration cost through PayPal.
- Enter the amount you want to charge per registration and the currency you want to charge the fee.
- Click Save All. Save All.
Registering for a Webinar with Fee-based Registration
- The necessary fee will be displayed underneath the registration fields on the registration page. Fill out the registration form and click the Pay and Register button.
- Click on PayPal Continue.
- Log in or input your credit card details to pay in your PayPal account.
- You will be routed to Zoom after payment on PayPal. During the payment procedure, the window will wait for a PayPal reply.
- This window may be closed or left open until payment is complete. After the purchase is complete, you will get an e-mail and are enrolled for the webinar.
View PayPal Registration Details
You may see registration information in PayPal.
- Login to your account with PayPal.
- Under Completed, find the registrant name for which you want to see all the information. Click their transaction. Click their transaction. Full transaction information will now be shown.
Registration cancelation as an attendee
When you cancel your entry for a cost-based webinar via Zoom in advance of the webinar, the registration money will be refunded immediately in 3-5 working days.
Registration costs are refunded as the host
If the participant cancels their registration before the webinar begins, Zoom and PayPal will immediately reimburse the participant for the registration cost. However, if the host cancels the webinar, all registrants will have to manually pay it. Learn how to request a PayPal refund. Learn how to solve the issue of a refund in PayPal.
Read Also This
- Enabling or disabling webinar tracking pixel
- Customizing webinar email templates for a user group
- Host live webinars with pre-recorded presentation
- Post-webinar survey and reporting
- Managing webinar live stream redirect
- Importing Webinar Registrants Via CSV
- Getting started with webinar
- Roles in a webinar
- Managing attendees and panelists in a webinar
- Adding or importing panelists to a webinar
- Joining and participating in a webinar (attendee)
- Scheduling a webinar with registration
- Webinar practice session
- On-demand webinars
- Customizing webinar branding settings
- How to schedule a recurring Webinar
- Using webinar chat
- Customizing webinar email settings
- Webinar templates
- Raising your hand in a webinar
- Webinar reporting
- Customizing webinar registration
- Polling for webinars
- Using Q and A as the webinar host
- Live streaming meetings or webinars using a custom service
- Scheduling a webinar without registration
- Creating source tracking links for webinar registration
- Using Facebook Pixel with Zoom
- Meeting and webinar comparison
- Setting up registration for a meeting
- Zoom how-to video tutorials
- Frequently asked questions for admins
- Using Language Interpretation in your meeting or webinar
All Credits – Zoom.us