In addition to the Zoom web portal, a Zoom Room Controller can also be used to add Zoom Rooms.
You can configure the room name, location, schedule integration, room passcode, as well as other optional settings, by adding a room from the web portal.
Note: In addition to information about account configuration settings, and how to add additional settings (including country, city, campus, building, and floor), you may also refer to Zoom Rooms Location Hierarchy for more information.
This article covers:
- How to add a Zoom Room on the web portal
- How to specify a default lock code
Prerequisites for adding Zoom Rooms to the web portal
- Licensed to Zoom Rooms
- Web Portal role with access to Zoom Rooms
How to add a Zoom Room to the web portal?
- Zoom’s web portal requires you to sign in.
- Click Zoom Rooms then Room Management.
- Select + Add Room.
- Provide a name for the room and choose a room type.
Note: You can only enter 10 characters in a room name if the account has fewer than 10 licenses.
- Select the calendar for this room if you have linked a calendar service already. The calendar can also be selected later.
- Choose a location for the room.
- Add another room if you are adding more than one, then repeat steps 4-7 for each room you want to add.
- Finally, click Finish. An overview of all the rooms will appear.
- Sign in to the Zoom Room computer with the user credentials that have Zoom Rooms privileges to complete the setup steps described in Getting Started with Zoom Rooms. Any of the rooms you have added can then be named.
Note: Zoom Rooms are automatically named using the room’s name if there is only one added.
How to specify a default lock code
A message appears if a default lock code is not already set in your Zoom Rooms account settings. You can specify a default lockcode if you receive the message to do so, then click Save, to use that code for rooms whose lock codes are account-level.