With the zoom phone user guide, one can get to know about the zoom setting of the account and utilize important features like verifying the voicemails and making the calls. This zoom phone users guide will summarize the essential features.
- Zoom supports connecting the safe voicemail throughout all supported devices, mobile clients, and desktops.
- All zoom features are not accessible for all platforms. Regarding this, the zoom phone features comparison article on the zoom support page provides detailed information.
- Zoom phone license by users.
- First, install the latest zoom mobile app or desktop client version.
There you will find the zoom phone license gets sent to your email notification along with a zoom set up and a link when the zoom admin allocates a license to you.
- Tap on the link available below the email notification. In case you don’t find the link then zoom sign in to the web portal and tap on the phone.
- Fill in the essential info.
- Pin. Find the voicemail pin in your desk phone voicemail allocated by the admin and then enter the pin. The pin is mandatory for checking the zoom desktop voicemail or those available on the Zoom web portal and mobile app.
- Country or area code. At times you input the local dial numbers and also enter the area code.
- Time zone. Ensure that you have inputted the appropriate time zone. Based on the time zone other features like business, holiday, or closed hour schedules will be affected.
- Tap on setup.
Zoom Phone settings.
Once you set up the initial functions then proceed to adjust the zoom web portal phone settings.
Step 1. In the zoom web portal, sign in.
Step 2. Tap on the phone and further select the settings tab.
There are several important settings you may alter.
- Voicemail Greeting. Before the zoom phone route calls, you can play the audio for the voicemail. Customize this by uploading an audio file or recording audio directly in the web portal.
- Closed/business/holiday hours. Alter the timings during accepting the calls.
- Emergency address. While dialing the emergency number it would show you the address given to first responders. Ensure your answer is correct.
Automatically you can make calls from the contact directory of the room mobile app or desktop client to people from similar organizations. Based on third-party services you can add the contacts-
- Zoom mobile app. In the zoom phone’s mobile app, you can view the phone contacts.
- Zoom desktop client. Once you synced in the contacts then add the already synced contacts while using your voicemail or call history.
During a call, you can
- Call flip for switching with devices you use for the call.
- Avail of the in-call controls for recording, transferring, or holding the call.
- With another person in a call, you can start the zoom meeting.
While you set up, begin by receiving and making calls using a zoom phone. Use the dial pad while making calls and find through the external, internal, or synced contacts. While routing an incoming call to the voicemail, you can decline it.
To the voicemail, all your unanswered or declined zoom calls get forwarded. In case of declining voicemail messages, you should use your zoom mobile app or desktop client.
Call recordings and call history.
To check the call recordings or history of the received or recorded calls, visit the call recordings or history section. The feature is distinctly available on the zoom mobile app, desktop client, or web portal.
When the zoom admin manages to fix a desk phone for you, take its assistance in scrutinizing voicemail, receiving, or viewing the voicemail.
At times, you find yourself well aware of the zoom phone then anytime you can access the additional features for producing a better experience.
- Click to dial. With this, you can alter the zoom settings or windows on mac to tap on the dialed phone number of the zoom phone.
- Call delegation. You can allocate other phone users via this feature to receive or make phone calls on your behalf.
- Blocked list. Alter the zoom settings while blocking particular phone numbers or specific prefixes from calling you.
- Shared voicemail inbox. Within a similar organization, you can share the voicemail with another zoom user.
- Zoom mobile app or desktop client settings. See the zoom phone info such as the direct phone numbers, company number, or extension number. Also, alter the settings of inbound notifications.
All credit- zoom.us