For an alternative message archiving platform, Zoom integrates with Global Relay and Smarsh. You can use these services to store your Zoom chat messages and files. Messages and files can be stored only with the third-party provider or with both the third-party provider and Zoom. This integration only supports messages sent outside of meetings.
Zoom will automatically send messages and files to Global Relay or Smarsh once per day once configured. A Zoom account will be able to use third party storage, but groups or users cannot access it individually.
Prerequisites for setting up message archiving with a third-party archiving service
- If you are a Global Relay representative or Global Relay support, please provide your SMTP delivery address.
- Schmish: Authorized Channel Token
- Account owner or administrator
- Message encryption disabled (otherwise messages will not be readable)
Get the configuration details for Zoom message archiving by contacting your third-party provider.
How to enable third-party message archiving
First, you need to enable Third-party archiving at the account level, and then you can enable the setting for individual IM groups.
- Log in to the Zoom web portal as an administrator with the privilege to edit account settings.
- Select Account Management then IM Management from the navigation menu.
- Select IM Settings.
- Under Storage, click the Third party archiving toggle to enable or disable it.
- If a verification dialog appears, click Enable or Disable to verify the change.
- Select your third party provider from the drop-down list and enter the configuration settings.
- Global Relay
- SMTP delivery address: Enter your SMTP delivery address as supplied by your Global Relay representative or Global Relay support.
- Username: Enter your Global Relay username.
- Password: Enter your Global Relay password.
- Authorized Channel Token: Enter your Authorized Channel Token.
- Global Relay
- Click Save.
IM Settings must be configured first for Third party archiving. IM Settings will prompt you if you haven’t configured it at the account level. If certain groups only need to archive Zoom Chat messages with a third-party provider, it can be disabled at the account level afterwards.
- As an administrator, you may edit IM groups through the Zoom web portal.
- Click Manage Accounts and then Manage IM Groups.
- You can click the name of an existing group on the IM Groups tab, or you can create a new one.
- Click Advanced Settings.
- Click the Third party archiving toggle to enable or disable it.
|Account Level||Group Level|
|Account Setting Locked||Setting Status||Setting Status||Allow Group Setting|