When the meeting starts, the host has the option to automatically record the meeting locally or on the cloud.
- No matter how the host joins, whether it is by computer, mobile device, or telephone, automatic cloud recording will begin. If Allow participants to join anytime is selected and participants join before the host, automatic cloud recording will also begin.
- Zoom’s desktop application is required for automatic local recording to begin.
- The free version of Automatic recording can only be used on a local computer.
Enabling Automatic recording
- Ensure that you are logged in as an administrator so that you can edit Account settings.
- Navigate to Account Management and then Account Settings.
- The Automatic recording setting should be enabled under the Recording tab.
- You can enable it by clicking the toggle. In the confirmation window, click Enable to confirm your change.
- Click Save after selecting whether to record on the local computer or in the cloud.
- During the recording process, you can select to pause or stop the recording in the cloud or uncheck Host can pause/stop the recording.
- You can also lock the automatic recording setting so that it will be mandatory for everyone in your account by clicking the lock icon.
Note: Cloud recording downloads can be disabled by account admins and owners in the Account Settings page.
- Edit User groups as an administrator in the Zoom web portal.
- Select User Management from the navigation menu.
- Navigate to the Recording tab and click the group’s name.
- Make sure Record automatically is selected.
- Toggle the setting on or off if it is disabled. When the change is confirmed, click Enable.
- Click Save to either record locally or to record in the cloud.
- The host can pause/stop the auto-recording in the cloud if you select Record in the cloud.
- By clicking the lock icon, all users in this group will have to use the Automatic Recording setting.
- Click Settings when you are logged into the Zoom web portal.
- Select the Recording tab and ensure that Automatic recording is enabled.
It is possible for the toggle to be grayed out if it has been locked at the Group or Account level. Contact your Zoom administrator if this is the case.
- Save the recording on your local computer or in the cloud.
- Recording in the cloud can be enabled or disabled by checking or unchecking Host can pause/stop auto recording in the cloud.
It is important that you remember that if Automatic recording is enabled in your preferences, its setting will apply to all future meetings that you schedule. The feature won’t apply to existing meetings or your Personal Meeting ID. You will have to enable the feature individually for each meeting.
The automatic recording feature can be turned off for individual meetings if you do not want it to be enabled for all meetings. The option can also be turned on for a meeting that is taking place individually, even if this option is not enabled for the account, group, or individual user.
- You will need to go to a meeting.
- You can click on Schedule a Meeting or choose the topic of the meeting from the list of upcoming meetings and click on Edit.
By clicking on the tab Personal Meeting Room, you can also select your PMI.
- Make sure that you check Automatically record under Meeting Options, then select On the local computer or In the cloud.
- You can now save the meeting.