Zoom Rooms can be running automatically and staying in the foreground of your device while using Autonomous Single App Mode (ASAM). A signed-out iPad leaves ASAM when it leaves Zoom Rooms. It is also possible to leave ASAM if you are experiencing network problems.
This article covers:
- How to enable Autonomous Single App Mode
- How to configure ASAM with AirWatch
- How to configure ASAM with Jamf
- How to configure ASAM with AirWatch
Prerequisites for configuring Autonomous Single App Mode for Zoom Rooms
- Zoom Rooms Controller for iOS, version 4.6.2 (232.0110) or higher
- Apple’s Device Enrollment Program (DEP) or a program for managing mobile devices using Apple Configurator or a program like Mobile Device Manager
How to enable Autonomous Single App Mode
- Zoom’s web portal can be accessed by signing in.
- Select Zoom Rooms from the Room Management menu.
- Select Account Settings.
- Select Autonomous Single App Mode from the Device Management menu.
- Turn it on.
Locations, floors, or individual rooms can also be enabled. Here’s how to change location-specific settings.
The device will need to be configured in your MDM service once this setting is enabled on the web. Add the key-value pair autonomousSingleAppModePermittedAppIDs and us.zoom.zpcontroller to the Restrictions Payload in your MDM service. If you need assistance, it is recommended that you contact Apple or your MDM provider since every MDM may handle this differently.
How to configure ASAM with AirWatch
Configuring a new profile
- You can enable Autonomous Single App Mode by following the steps above.
- You will need to click on Devices, next click on Profile & Resources, and then click on Profiles within AirWatch.
- To add new profiles, click Add.
- Click on iOS.
- You will be required to fill in the following information in the General tab. You can leave the other fields blank if you wish.
- Name: Please enter a meaningful name for your device.
- Smart Groups: You can choose to create one or select one already existing. You will be able to assign this profile to each of the devices that are part of this smart group.
- Go to the sidebar and select Single App Mode.
- For the Autonomous Single App Mode, select the Permitted Apps filter type.
- Make sure you put “us.zoom.zpcontroller” into the Permitted Applications Bundle ID.
- On the bottom right of the screen, click Save and Publish.
- You will then be asked to view the device assignment and click the Publish button. The above devices will then be assigned the profile as described.
Adding new devices to an existing profile
- Select Assignment Groups under Groups & Settings in AirWatch.
- Choose the group you selected when you added the profile.
- Then select the devices you want to add to the group and click Next.
- Then click Publish. The newly-enrolled device will receive the ASAM profile.
How to configure ASAM with Jamf
- For Zoom’s web portal, enable Autonomous Single App Mode by following these steps.
- Click Configuration Profiles, then click New to create a configuration profile.
- From the list of restricted settings, select Configuration.
- From the list of restricted settings, select iOS, then select Applications.
- You will find the option for Autonomous Single App Mode apps (supervised only) at the bottom. Click the Add button to proceed.
- The Bundle ID should be entered as us.zoom.zpcontroller, and then you should click Save.
- Click General, and then give the profile a name.
- Once you have clicked Scope, you will have to enter a description.
- Click Add and Done and then choose a device.
- After clicking Save, you can review your profile information by clicking Configuration Profiles.
How to configure ASAM with Intune
- The Zoom web portal has the option to enable Autonomous Single App Mode by following the steps above.
- Sign in to your Intune account.
- Then click on Configure devices.
- Once you have selected Profiles, click Create profile.
- In the Platform field, choose iOS/iPadOS.
- Click Device restrictions under Profile.
- Then click Create.
- Give the profile a name.
- Choose Autonomous Single App Mode under Device Restrictions.
- Enter the information as follows:
- App name-RoomZoom
- App Bundle ID-US.Zoom.ZPCocontroller
- Click Add and then OK.
- Under Device restrictions, click OK.
- Finally, click Create.
- Click Assignments after the profile is created.
- Select Include from the drop-down menu.
- Select Save.