It is possible to add several common area phones at once by following this article. You can also export a CSV file of existing common area phones by following this article. If you choose to do so, you will be able to add each common area phone one by one.
- Add new phones to the common areas in a batch
- By exporting existing phones in the common areas
Prerequisites for batch adding/exporting common area phones
- If you export a CSV file, you will be able to add the common area phone and provision it
- According to your account type (Pro, Business, or Education)
- Access permissions according to your account type (Pro, Business, or Education)
- Using the Zoom Phone app
Batch adding new common area phones
Adding common area phones can only be done in batches. Current common area phones cannot be updated using this feature.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal by entering your email address and password.
- You will find User & Rooms under the Phone System Management menu in the navigation menu.
- To access Common Area Phones, click the tab.
- From the top of the page, click Import.
- See the required fields in the CSV Sample file by clicking CSV Sample.
- Fill in the required fields.
- The field names in the first row should not be deleted.
- Select your completed CSV file from your computer and click Upload CSV to begin batch processing.
- If any of the fields within the batch file contain an error, the batching process will not complete. There are two options available to you:
- Please click on Details to view a description of each field that needs to be filled in accurately.
- In order to continue batch processing, click Ignore Issues and Upload Others (if applicable). In this case, any CSV rows that contain errors will not be imported. When all rows have errors, you will not be able to see this option.
- There is a possibility that the batch process will not be completed if all rows in the CSV contain errors. After fixing the CSV file, click the Reupload button.
- You can cancel the batch import by clicking Close.
- In case the batch import was successful, click Close.
Batch exporting existing common area phones
All common area numbers in your account can be exported in one batch as a CSV file.
In order to update common area phones, you cannot export the CSV file, edit it, then import it. Only one common area phone can be added at a time.
- Zoom’s web portal can be accessed by signing in.
- Click on the Phone System Management link in the navigation menu and then click on Users & Rooms.
- You will then see a tab called Common Area Phones.
- In order to create a CSV file that is a list of existing common area phones, click Export at the top of the page.