Admins can export or assign phone numbers to users in batches after obtaining phone numbers. CSV files can contain an unlimited number of phone numbers.
Prerequisites to batch exporting and assigning phone numbers
- There are three different types of accounts available: Pro, Business, and Education
- There are three different types of accounts available:
- VoIP, Business, and Education
- Numbers purchased or ported from another provider
How to batch export unassigned phone numbers
The unassigned phone numbers can be exported in batches as a CSV file. That makes it easier to assign phone numbers to multiple users at once.
- Login to the Zoom web portal by using your email address and password.
- Next, click Phone System Management then Phone Numbers from the navigation menu.
- Select Unassigned from the drop-down list.
- Save the CSV file by clicking the Export button.
- Whenever you batch assign phone numbers, you will be able to copy the unassigned numbers list.
How to batch assign phone numbers
By using a CSV file, you can assign phone numbers to any extension in bulk.
Here are the steps for assigning unassigned phone numbers to extensions or re-assigning phone numbers within extensions. Export unassigned numbers to the CSV sample file if you are performing the latter.
- Access the Zoom web portal by signing in.
- You will be directed to the Phone System Management section.
- Click on Import.
- To view the required fields in a sample CSV file, click CSV Sample to download that file.
- Once the file has been downloaded, use a spreadsheet application such as Microsoft Excel to fill out the sample.
- Do not delete the first row with the field names.
- Phone Number:
- Enter the assigned or unassigned phone number. If the phone number is already assigned to a user, it will be reassigned to the user you specify.
- Extension Number:
- The associated extension number of the phone user you want to assign the phone number to. Leave this blank if you don’t want to assign the associated phone number.
- Go back to the Zoom web portal and click Upload CSV. Select your completed CSV file to start the batch process.
- The batch process will not complete if there are errors in one or more fields. The following options are available to you:
- In the Details section, you will find a description of any fields that need to be filled in to ensure they are filled correctly.
- You can continue the batch process by clicking Ignore Issues and Upload Others. Errors in the CSV will prevent the import. All rows with errors will not have this option.
- The batch process will fail if all rows in the CSV contain errors. Reupload the file after fixing it.
- You can cancel the batch import by clicking Close.
- When the batch import is complete, click Close.