Whether one want to develop a workflow from its inception or utilize a pre-existing template, it is advantageous to possess knowledge of some fundamental terminology.
|Trigger||The initiation of your process will commence in the following manner.||The initiation of a process can occur by the activation of a hyperlink or through the execution of a specific activity, such as the act of joining a designated channel.|
|Steps||The desired activities to be executed by the process.||A single action has the potential to transmit a message or gather data through the utilization of a form. Additionally, it is possible to incorporate procedures from external applications.|
|Variables||Any data provided to the process that may be cross-referenced with external sources.||A potential variable for inclusion in a greeting message to a channel is the name of the individual who executed the process.|
|Collaborator||A member of your workspace who has permission to manage your workflow.||Any individual involved in a collaborative effort has the ability to modify, remove from public view, or completely erase a sequence of tasks or processes. Additionally, they have the ability to include or exclude other partners.
Now that you’re familiar with the key terms, follow these steps to start building your workflow:
Start from scratch
- To access your workspace, just navigate to the upper left corner of your desktop screen and click on the designated workspace name.
- To access the Workflow Builder, users need navigate to the menu and choose the Tools option.
- Please choose the option to begin the workflow creation process.
- To get a comprehensive list of workflow templates, please click on the “More templates” option.
- To get a preview, please choose a template from the left-hand side and thereafter click on the option labeled “Use this template.” Alternatively, users have the option to select a template from the comprehensive selection by clicking on “More templates.”
- Please adhere to the provided prompts in order to personalize the template if you like to modify the initial workflow, stages, or other variables.
- Once the customization of the template has been completed, proceed to the subsequent phase in order to publish your workflow.
Publish your workflow
Once a process is published, it becomes readily accessible for immediate utilization by anybody. To facilitate the publication of your process, please adhere to the following procedural guidelines:
- If one has not yet done so, it is advisable to construct one’s workflow by following the aforementioned stages.
- To initiate the publication process, locate and choose the “Publish” option located in the upper section of the Workflow Builder interface.
- Please inform your colleagues about the functionality and implementation process of the workflow.