It is very unpleasant if the camera in Zoom does not work when connected to a video conference. You can communicate with other participants through a microphone or built-in chat, but, unfortunately, they will not see you. This problem occurs in both the Zuma PC client and the Android and iOS apps. In this article, we will show you how to deal with it. First, we will focus on solutions for computers and laptops, and then – for mobile devices.
Your video may be disabled by default when you enter a conference. To enable it, click on the marked button:
If it doesn’t help, then it’s worth setting up:
- Click on the “arrow” next to the video activation button.
- Select “Settings …” from the list.
- Change the input device in the “Camera” column.
- Also, try changing the aspect ratio from wide to the original.
- Temporarily disable HD mode if it works.
As a result, a picture from the camera should appear in the window above.
May also help:
- In the same settings, click on the “Advanced” button .
- Disable the Noise Reduction option as well as the three hardware accelerated options.
- Restart your computer.
- Try to join the conference and check the video.
It is very convenient to carry out any checks using a test conference .
If some program is already using the “webcam” in the system, then it must be closed.
If Zoom does not detect the camera, then it is worth checking if it is displayed in the system in principle. For this:
- Click on the keyboard Win + R…
- Type devmgmt.msc into the window that appears .
- Click “OK” to execute the command.
- Windows Device Manager will start . In it, open the section “Sound, game and video devices” .
- Make sure the webcam is listed.
If this is not the case, try reconnecting it , find new drivers (use the developer’s website), or check in another program.
On smartphones and tablets, camera problems in apps are rare. However, Zoom users have them. There are several reasons for this:
- Banal software glitch.
- Lack of required permissions.
- Incorrect settings.
In the first case, restarting the application helps. An alternative option is to turn off and then turn on the mobile device.
In the second, a complete reinstallation of Zoom. It involves the removal and re- boot .
And in the third – you need to call the controls in the video conference itself and tap on the marked button: