The Zoom platform has become popular precisely because it is great for organizing video conferencing. The system itself is very convenient for both the creator and the rest of the participants. Users often have a question: “Can I enter a Zoom meeting without registering?” … After all, you don’t want to create an account again. We will analyze this topic in full detail.
I would like to note right away that users have the opportunity to connect to an online conversation without an account. It is available both in the Zoom desktop client and in the mobile application for Android and iOS. But in the browser version of the service, the developers did not provide for it.
There are two connection options in total:
- Using a special link that will be sent by the organizer or a trusted person.
- With the appointment ID and password, if it has not been disabled in the settings.
Let’s dwell on each in more detail.
Option # 1: Custom URL
If you plan to enter the video conference through the program on a computer or laptop, then follow these steps:
- Open the previously sent link in a convenient web browser.
- Wait for the new page to load.
- A form will appear on top of it asking you to start Zoom Meetings. Click on the consent form in the window that appears.
- Wait for the program to start.
- Provide a name that will be visible to other participants.
- Confirm the entry by clicking on the corresponding button.
On smartphones and tablets, the procedure is somewhat different:
- Follow the link you received in your Internet browser.
- Agree to launch the Zoom app on your device.
- Once it starts, enter your name.
- Tap on the “OK” button.
- Wait for the connection.
Option # 2: Meeting ID
This option is not as convenient as the previous one, but sometimes it will be useful. For example, when there is no way to send a URL invitation, but only to dictate the code. There are other situations that make no sense to analyze. So let’s go directly to the procedure.
Instructions for PC client:
- Open Zoom on your computer or laptop.
- In the appeared window of the program, click on the “Enter the conference” button.
- The meeting ID must be typed into the top box. As a rule, it consists of 10 digits.
- And in the field below – a nickname.
- Mute your audio (microphone) and video (webcam) if desired.
- LMB click on the “Login” item.
- If necessary, enter a password and click the continue button.
The instructions for the mobile app are very similar to those described above. To get started, launch the Zoom app on your smartphone or tablet. Next, tap on the “Enter the conference” button.
And repeat the steps described in the guide above.
In the web version of Zoom, users can also join meetings. But for this, in any case, you need to create an account, and then log into it. Accordingly, without registration, this function is present only in the PC program, as well as in the mobile application.
But if you yourself want to organize a video conversation, then you need to create your account in the service. This procedure is described in detail in our article.