If your car supports Apple Carplay, Zoom lets you take control of meeting controls. Zoom contacts can be called, meetings can be accepted, and you can mute the call during the call.
Prerequisites for using Zoom meeting controls with CarPlay
- Car with CarPlay enabled
- Zoom mobile app for iOS – version 4.1.23139.0402 or later
How to call a Zoom contact
- You can zoom in on CarPlay by tapping the Zoom icon.
- In order to call a Zoom contact via Siri, you will have to say their name. The CarPlay interface lets you select the contact you want to call after you say their name. Tap the contact you want to call after you state their name.
- Zoom will contact them. If Zoom app Settings under Meetings allow integrated calling, Zoom will show the call time and meeting controls on CarPlay when they answer.
How to accept an Incoming Zoom call
- Your CarPlay interface will show the option to accept a call if a contact calls you through Zoom while you’re connected to CarPlay.
- The meeting and call time controls will appear on your CarPlay interface as soon as you accept the call.