Administrators of the site have the ability to change the names and descriptions of computers that are accessible remotely by remote access.
- Using Webex Site Administration, sign in to the account that you have chosen and navigate to Configuration > Remote Access > Manage Groups.
- If you want to edit information on a computer, you need to find that computer.
- Choose the computer link from the list of links.
- It will appear in a window called Edit Computer. Make the necessary changes in this window.
- You can save the changes you have made by selecting Update.
It is a sign that you have previously blocked changes to the access code or password for the level you are currently using, if you cannot see the Access code or Password expires in those boxes.
The names of the computers you would like to use for Remote Access can be specified as follows:
Computer name: The Remote Access Setup Wizard allows you to specify the name of the Remote Access Agent on the Account Information panel when installing the Remote Access Agent on a remote computer using the Remote Access Setup Wizard. After the remote computer is configured for Remote Access, a customer can change the name of the computer on that remote computer by using the Remote Access Agent on that remote computer. The remote computer name, by default, is displayed in the Computer name text box created by the network administrator at the remote location.
Alias: This name is accessible from the Manage Groups page of the control panel, and it can be modified at any time.
If the two names are given to a computer, the computer name appears in parentheses following the alias on both the Manage Groups page and on a technical support representative’s Remote Access page.