With your account, you have the ability to set up common configurations for all desk phones that are provisioned.
Prerequisites for changing account-level desk phone settings
- Account type: Business, Education, or Pro
- Access to account owners or administrators
- A ZOOM license
- For adding and provisioning Zoom Phone devices
- Not all desk phones will support all features. Here is a list of some of the features supported by desk phones.
- Re-sync the phone after changing settings to ensure that the changes are effective.
How to change account-level desk phone settings
- Log in to Zoom.
- You will find the phone system management option under “Phone System Management” under “Company Information.”.
- Simply click “Account Settings” to access the option.
- Desk Phone Settings can be adjusted by navigating to the following section:
- Web Interface:
- The web interface (by default it is disabled) can be enabled or disabled from the phone’s settings.
- In order to access the web interface of the phone, this setting needs to be enabled if you need to perform a factory reset or to upgrade the firmware for re-provisioning a phone.
- Your Admin Password is:
- To access the phone’s web interface or advanced settings on the phone, you’ll need to enter an administrator password.
- Neither the 445HD nor 450HD nor the C450HD support this setting.
- You still use the default admin password if you see Factory Setting.
- Background Image:
- Desk phones can be customized by adding an image URL to the display.
- Time Format:
- The time format can be selected as 12 or 24 hours.
- Network Time Protocol (NTP) Server:
- The time displayed on desk phones can be automatically updated by specifying the primary and secondary URLs for the Network Time Protocol (NTP) server. As a secondary NTP server, it is used when the primary NTP server cannot be accessed, or is not configured.
- Provision Template:
- A provision template allows additional settings to be configured for desk phones that have been provisioned.
- Firmware Update Rules:
- Configure the rules for updating the firmware. Firmware Update Rules: Configure the rules for updating the firmware.
- Hot Desking Session Timeout:
- Upon reaching the limit, any hot desk phones will automatically be signed out.
- Customize * and # Codes:
- DTMF codes can be customized.
Find out what other global settings are available.