Extensions can have default business hours and overflow settings set by administrators.
The settings can only be modified at the site level if you are using multiple sites. It is only possible to change account settings if multiple sites are disabled.
Prerequisites for managing default business hours and settings
- Accounts for Business, Education, or Pro
- Account owners or administrators
- Have Zoom Phone licenses
How to change default business hours and overflow
- You must be an account owner or admin to access the Zoom web portal.
- Choose Phone System Management and then Company Info from the navigation menu.
- Follow one of these options depending on if you have multiple sites:
- Then click the Settings tab on the site you wish to edit if you have enabled multiple sites.
- Click Account Settings if you have disabled multiple sites.
- In the Hours section, change these settings:
- You can create a default business hours setting for phone users, Zoom Rooms, and shared phones by clicking the Edit button. By changing their business hours from the default, phone users can change their specific hours of operation. Business hours can also be extended past 11:30 PM. Night shift workers could benefit from this.
- Default Overflow for Business Hours / Default Overflow for Closed Hours / Default Overflow for Holiday Hours:
- Overflow settings can be set for phone users, call queues, and shared line groups for business/closed/holiday times.
- Forward to voicemail:
- Send calls to voicemail.
- Allow callers to reach an operator:
- You can let callers leave a voicemail by pressing 0 or 1 to reach the operator. Operators can be selected from a range of options, including a particular phone user, a call queue, an auto receptionist, or a shared line group.
- Default Holiday Hours:
- You can set certain days as holidays for all phone users, Zoom Rooms, common areas phones, automatic receptionists, call queues, and shared line groups by selecting Set or Edit. Call routing during holidays can be customized. Rather than routing calls directly to voicemail, you could play a customized message to tell the caller that you are on vacation.