Instant meetings on Zoom Rooms can be customized by account owners and admins. The settings can be applied to rooms, floors, or locations.
Prerequisites for changing the settings of a Zoom Room
- Admins or owners of accounts
How to access the settings for a Zoom Room
- Log in to Zoom.
- Select Zoom Rooms from Room Management.
- Select either a location or a room to filter by.
- If you wish to change either, click Edit.
- In each tab, make the following changes:
- The list above does not include all possible settings.
Rooms Profile tab
- Room Name:
- Identify the room to yourself and others in your account by its display name. All relevant interfaces use this name such as web portals, room controllers, displays, and contacts directories in the client/app.
- Display Name (optional):
- It is the name that will be displayed on the scheduling screen. By setting the display name to be short, you can avoid things like location prefixes in your display name. In the absence of this option, the Room Name will be used.
- Display top banner on TV in meeting:
- As a default, the top portion of the display shows the room name, time and sharing key. In-meeting settings enable or disable this banner for room participants. You can choose what is displayed by checking the boxes.
Schedule Meeting section
- Use Personal Meeting ID (PMI) when starting an instant meeting:
- Room meeting IDs will be used for instant meetings.
- Require a password when scheduling new meetings:
- A randomly-generated password will be used for meetings scheduled through the scheduling display in the room. Participants will need to enter the password to attend meetings.
- Require a password for instant meetings:
- Randomly generated meeting passwords will be used for instant meetings. Users must enter these passwords to participate.
- Require a password for Room Meeting ID (Applicable for Zoom Rooms only):
- In case of meetings using the room meeting ID, the specified password will be used (the password is not generated at random). Whenever you start an instant meeting, if you have a personal meeting ID (PMI), you should also enable the setting, Use Personal Meeting ID (PMI).
- Bypass the password when joining meetings from the meeting list:
- If the meeting has a password, users don’t need to enter it when joining or starting a meeting from the controller’s meeting list. However, instant meetings are exempt from this setting.