By using the host key, you can claim host status if you join a Zoom meeting from a Zoom Room. Examples include:
- Joining a Zoom Room manually after joining a scheduled meeting. To join a Zoom Rooms meeting, enter the meeting ID or personal meeting link on the Zoom Rooms controller.
Please note that this scenario will only occur if the join before host feature is enabled for the scheduled meeting.
- Join the meeting by selecting it in the Zoom Room list. The first Zoom Room to join a meeting becomes the meeting host if multiple Zoom Rooms join. Use the host key to claim host privileges.
It is important to note that this scenario is only possible if the meeting is internal and the feature granting Zoom Rooms host privileges is enabled before the meeting host.
Prerequisites for claiming host privileges in a Zoom Room
- Room Zoom for Conference Rooms
- requires Windows version 5.1.0 or later
- and macOS version 5.1.0 or later
How to claim host privileges in a Zoom Rooms
- Join or start a Zoom meeting.
- Tap on the Zoom Rooms controller to invite participants.
Participants will appear on the screen.
- To become the host, tap the Claim Host button.
The Host role will appear in a window.
- Type your 6-digit host key, then hit OK.
Zoom will now be the meeting host.