Using the Windows Zoom desktop client, you can setup client-side calendar integration to automatically sync Zoom meetings and webinars from your Outlook client with meetings & webinars from the Zoom desktop client on Windows. It consists of using the MAPI framework for integrating the Zoom client directly with the Outlook client, thereby bypassing the need for a server connection, which is the case with other ways of integrating the Zoom client with Outlook. In particular, this is very useful if your organization uses on-premise exchange environments, in which case your customers may not be able to provide Zoom with direct access to calendar data from their Exchange server.
We advise against using MAPI for calendar integration if there is a high percentage of mobile devices or Macs in your organization, as MAPI at the moment does not support these platforms.
- Zoom desktop client for Windows 5.5.0 (12454.0131) or later
- Calendar and contact integration enabled by your admin
Enable MAPI for calendar integration from account settings
- Log in to the Zoom web portal by logging in as an administrator or owner.
- Click the Account Management link in the navigation panel, followed by Account Settings.
- You will then be able to see the Calendar and Contacts section if you scroll down.
- The integration of calendars and contacts has now been enabled.
- Simply click on the Exchange option.
- Make sure that Use MAPI is enabled for Zoom desktop client to integrate with it (only for Windows).
- Then click Save.
- To force users on an account to only use MAPI for calendar integration purposes, you can click the lock icon next to the lock icon (optional).
- The account will automatically be configured for calendar integration for all users if this setting is locked, however, only Windows users will be able to access this setting. In spite of this restricted setting, macOS users will still be able to synchronize their calendars with O365 or Google when this is left unlocked.
Authenticating using MAPI calendar integration
- Zoom’s web portal can be accessed here.
- Click on Profile.
- Click Connect to Calendar and Contact Service in the Calendar and Contact Integration section.
- After an account administrator locks a setting, instead of being able to connect the service, the following message will appear: “Your Zoom Windows application automatically integrates your calendar”.
- Select Exchange from the menu.
- Press the Done button.