With Webex, you do not need to leave Salesforce to get what you need. Make it easy for your customers to interact with you in one place by consolidating the interactions that matter. The Salesforce record or the Home Page provides a context in which you can access these Webex features. Get access to your Salesforce records at any time by viewing messages, making calls, and managing them. Salesforce objects can be linked directly to Webex calls so that inbound and outbound calls can be easily managed.
Sign in to Webex from Salesforce
- You can sign in to Webex by clicking Sign in on the Webex widget on the Salesforce home page.
- You will be prompted to enter your e-mail address after clicking the Next button.
Create a Webex App space
With Salesforce, it is possible to create Webex App spaces based on objects that can be used with Webex Apps. Salesforce uses objects as the basis for storing data specific to the organization in the database tables within the Salesforce system.
Any space to which you belong and are a member can be viewed in Salesforce. It appears that the owner of the Salesforce object for which the space has been created is automatically added as a user to the space when you create one based on a Salesforce object.
- As shown on the Salesforce Home page, you can create an object by selecting one that you have already created, or you can create one from scratch.
- Click on the Create a Space button.
- If you select Autofill with details, then all of the members of the teams that are associated with this object will be automatically added as members of the space.
- By selecting Include notifications bot in the space, you will receive a notification from the bot whenever an object is updated in the space.
In your account settings, you can set up how your administrator would like the notifications bot to send messages to this space, and when.
- You will need to give the Space a name, add people to it, and click the Create button.
Link a Webex App space to a Salesforce object
As an additional benefit of linking existing Webex App spaces to Salesforce objects, such as opportunities or cases, attendees will be able to stay up to date on what’s being discussed.
- The first step is to select an object from the Salesforce Home page.
- There is a field on the link an existing space page that you can use to search for the name of the space that you would like to link to.
- If you want to link a space, select Link next to that space.
It is possible to link the same object to multiple spaces at the same time.
Use Webex App spaces to collaborate
From Salesforce, you are able to start a meeting in a space with other members of the space, unlink a space from an object, change a space’s name, as well as add and remove people from a space.
- You will be able to manage the space with the object linked to it when you select it from the Salesforce Home page.
- You will be able to select the information you need.
You can start a space meeting by selecting the video call icon on the toolbar.
You can open the chat window by clicking the chat icon. A message can then be sent in the selected space by selecting the Chat icon.
A space can be unlinked from an object by unlinking it from the space.
To change the name of this space or to add or remove users, edit this space.
There is also a Video Call icon and a Chat icon displayed beside the object owner which you can use to get in touch with the owner directly.
- Click on the Save button.
Schedule a Webex meeting
Webex meetings can be scheduled based on objects.
- Select the object for which a meeting is to be scheduled from the Salesforce Home page.
- Click on Schedule a Meeting.
- Select a topic for the meeting.
- The meeting time and date should be chosen.
- Meeting attendees should be added.
Adding people from spaces or teams that you have linked to this object can be achieved by choosing Add from space or team.
- When you add attendees, you can check their availability using the calendar.
Outside of your organization, you won’t be able to see who is available for meetings.
- Choose a schedule.
Information about the meeting appears.
Start a Webex meeting
Select one of the following from Salesforce’s home page:
From the list of upcoming meetings, select Join.
By clicking Start a Meeting, you can select an object. Enter a topic for the meeting, the date and time, the attendees, and click Start. You will have your own personal room that anyone with a link to your room will be able to join.
Link a Webex meeting to a Salesforce object
When discussing an opportunity or case in Salesforce, you can attach a Webex meeting from your calendar to the object.
- Select an object on Salesforce’s home page.
- A meeting that already exists can be linked.
- To see all Webex meetings that occurred during a specific timeframe, use the From and To fields.
- You can link a meeting by selecting Link next to it.
Multiple Webex meetings can be linked to the same object.
Access recordings or transcripts
If you hosted or attended a meeting, you may have access to meeting recordings or transcripts.
- Choose the object for which you recorded the meeting from the Salesforce Home page.
- Paste the recording transcript into the Paste menu.
- In Salesforce’s Global Dialer, you can make calls to anyone with a phone number.
- Go to any Salesforce page and select Webex.
- Select Audio Call under Calling and enter the phone number.
Salesforce contacts with matching phone numbers appear as you start typing a number.
- Make sure you are using the Webex App for the call.
Call a contact
Contacts associated with Salesforce objects can be called.
- Select the object that has the associated contact on the Salesforce Home page.
- When calling a contact, click Make a Call and then select Audio Call.
Log inbound or outboud calls
Inbound and outbound calls can both be managed while you are interacting with your Salesforce records during the call. You can add new leads and contacts to your database at the same time as you are talking to them, so that they will be included in the related objects that you will create for them in the future.
- It will be necessary to select New Contact, New Lead or New Account if there is no Salesforce record for the individual on the call.
In the case that a record already exists for the contact or lead, the name of the contact or lead will automatically appear.
- For the record to be linked to the Salesforce record, you will need to search for the record in the Contact/Lead field and select it.
- There is an option to create a new object related to a particular case, such as a case or opportunity, by selecting Create new object.
- To link an object to a contact or lead, you should search for it in the Related to field and select it.
- The call can also be accompanied by a Subject and a Comment related to the subject.
- For more information about the phone calls that have been made to this contact or lead, you can use the Activity tab.
In order to open the account page for a contact, you can select their name from the list of contacts. It is shown on their contact page if they do not have an account, otherwise it is displayed on their account page.
- For a more detailed view of all the objects associated with this contact or lead, click the More info tab.
By selecting an object, you will be able to open a page that is related to that object. In the More info tab, the information that you see is determined by your administrator.