By making it easy for you to accomplish tasks, have meaningful conversations, or enjoy spontaneous moments with your family and friends, Skype allows you to stay more connected to your world.
Make sure your system meets Skype’s requirements.
What can I do in Skype for desktop?
- Profile picture – In the profile picture menu, you can change the status of your profile to Active, Away, Do not disturb, or Invisible as well as manage your Skype Credit and Subscriptions, and access your Skype settings by selecting the profile picture.
- More – Getting to your Settings, getting Help, sending feedback, reporting a problem, enabling split view mode, viewing keyboard shortcuts, or logging out is now easy.
- Search – Quickly locate your friends.
- Dial pad – Dial pad can be accessed quickly.
- Chats – Get an overview of your recent chats, favorite chats, and how to start a brand new chat.
- Calls – You can make a new call, search for your recent calls, or find your recent contacts with the dial pad.
- Contacts – By choosing All, Skype only contacts, or Active Now on Skype, you can easily filter your Skype contacts.
- Notifications – Navigate to your Skype notifications.
- Chat – Whether it’s a one-to-one conversation, a group chat, or a private conversation, you can start a new chat.
- Chat filter – Chats can be viewed by hiding favorites, sorting by time or unread, or viewing recent chats.
- Chat name header – You can easily access the profile and settings of your contacts or groups.
- Find – A chat can be searched for specific messages.
- Gallery – Files, web links, and shared photos are easy to find.
- Create new group or Add to Group – You can add a participant to an existing group or make a new group from a one-to-one chat.
- Add-in menu – Take advantage of add-ins to do things without having to switch apps.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Skype for Desktop?
How do I get Skype on my desktop?
- Visit the Skype Download page.
- The download will begin once you select your device. The latest version of Windows 10 and Windows 11 already comes with Skype for Windows 10 and Windows 11.
- After installing Skype on your device, you can launch it.
How do I put Skype on my desktop?
How do I answer a Skype call on my desktop?
All images and contents credit goes to support.skype.com