You can create a one-of-a-kind ringtone for your phone by using the feature known as “priority alert,” which is part of some smartphones. This is handy in a variety of scenarios, such as when you want to be alerted as soon as possible when a particular phone number is calling you.
- To configure your Webex Calling settings, navigate to https://settings.webex.com/.
- From the calling user interface, navigate to the Call Settings menu option.
- Activate the Priority Alert switch.
- Choose a timetable from the drop-down menu that has already been established.
On the Calling User Portal’s Schedules tab, if you do not see a schedule that you would like to utilize for this setting, you have the option to add a schedule. Create a Schedule to Apply to Call Settings is where you may get more information on the subject.
- To set the following parameters, click the Add Schedule button and then scroll down.
- When—Make a selection from the available premade schedules using the drop-down menu.
- Contacts from—Choose this option to assign a priority alert for incoming calls from Any Phone Number or Selected Phone Numbers. In the event that you select Select Phone Numbers, provide the supplementary information.
- Choose whether or not you would want a priority alert to be applied to the calls that fall within these boundaries and decide whether or not to inform the user.
6. Simply click the Save button to store your priority alert parameters.
Your agenda is entered into a table titled “Alert or Don’t Alert.” When necessary, you are able to modify or remove schedules from the tables.
7 Choose to save the file.
Do you want to watch how it’s done? Watch this video to learn how to handle priority alerts in the calling user portal and how to set them up.