PayPal lets you charge a registration fee for a Zoom webinar using the Zoom with PayPal integration. Attendees will be taken to PayPal to complete their payment when registering for your webinar. As soon as they complete the payment, they will receive information about joining the webinar.
A registration fee may also be charged for on-demand webinars. Those who register before the webinar starts will have access to both the live webinar and the recording. The registration fee will not apply to those who register after the webinar has started. They can only watch the recording of the webinar.
Restrict number of registrants will be enabled automatically if you enable this feature. As a result, the number of registrants can’t be higher than the number allowed by the webinar license of the host (for example, if the host has a Webinar 500 license and PayPal integration is enabled, the maximum number of registrants allowed will be 500). The number of registrants, however, can be restricted to a number of registrants that is less than the maximum number that can be accommodated.
Paypal may temporarily charge registrants $1 if they are using the service for the first time or paid with a new payment method.
This article covers:
- Enabling the feature for your account
- Turning on registration fees for your webinar
- Registering for a webinar with fee-based registration
- Viewing registration details in PayPal
- Cancelling registration as an attendee
- Refunding fees as the host
- PayPal business or personal account
- Zoom Webinar add-on
- Webinar Scheduled with Registration
We are currently rolling out this feature to all accounts with webinar licenses. Contact Zoom Support if you do not see the option in the instructions below.
Enabling the feature for your account
- Zoom’s web portal can be accessed by signing in.
- Select Account Management and then Webinar Settings.
- Click Edit next to the option to charge the registration fee in the Registration Settings section.
- Check the box next to Allow option to charge registration fees.
- Connect PayPal to your account.
- A new window will open for you to log in to your PayPal account.
- Select your country from the drop-down menu and enter your email address.
- Then click Next.
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Choose whether this is a personal account or a business account.
- Connect PayPal and Zoom by reviewing the terms and clicking Agree and Connect.
- Zoom Video Communications will then open.
- Click Save to complete the process.
Turning on registration fees for your webinar
- Log into Zoom’s web portal.
- Click Webinars in the navigation menu.
- You can charge registration fees by clicking the topic of the webinar.
- In the Registration Settings section of the Invitations tab, click Edit.
- Choose PayPal as a payment method.
- If you would like to charge a registration fee, please enter the amount that you wish to charge, as well as the currency in which you wish to charge the fee.
- You will be able to save the changes by clicking Save All.
Registering for a Webinar with Fee-based Registration
- A list of the required fee will appear below the registration fields on the registration page. Fill in the registration form and click Register and Pay.
- Follow the PayPal instructions.
- If you have a PayPal account, enter it here. If you have a credit card, enter the information there.
- You will be directed to Zoom after you complete the payment on PayPal. The window will stay on the Waiting for a Response from PayPal while the payment is processed.
- The window can be closed or you can leave it open until the payment has been processed. Once the payment has been completed and the registration for the webinar is complete, you will receive an email confirming your registration.
Viewing Registration Details in PayPal
PayPal provides information about registration.
- You must be logged into your PayPal account to proceed.
- Locate the registrant whose details you wish to view under Completed.
- The transaction’s full details will now be displayed.
Cancelling attendance at the event
You will be automatically refunded the registration fee for a fee-based webinar if you cancel before the start time.
Refunding registration fees as the host
Zoom and PayPal will automatically refund an attendee’s registration fee if they cancel before the webinar begins. In this case, the webinar host will have to manually issue funds for all registrants if the webinar is canceled. Here are the steps for issuing PayPal refunds.