If you already have a Zoom meeting scheduled to begin within 28 days, and you would like to convert this meeting to an OnZoom event, you can do this. Using OnZoom to create your scheduled Zoom meeting will allow you to take full advantage of all the features and functionalities that OnZoom has to offer, such as:
- The event can be monetized in the following ways:
- Creating free tickets, paid tickets, and tickets that can only be accessed by guests on a guest list.
- Providing the ability to purchase tickets for one-time events, series events, and drop-in events.
- Take advantage of the OnZoom Directory to reach a new audience, one that goes beyond a geographical business location.
- We can drive registration by using enhanced branding visuals, as well as integrating fundraising functionality into a registration page using the OnZoom platform.
- It is possible to view and manage your OnZoom registrations from the OnZoom Host Dashboard in order to keep track of the ticket sales and manage refunds as well.
- The OnZoom process for guests to join your events is one of the most unique and secure in the industry.
How to remember best practices before converting a Zoom meeting/webinar
It is not possible to convert a Zoom meeting that is using your PMI into an OnZoom event – only Zoom meetings that were created with a Meeting ID that was automatically generated by Zoom can be converted into OnZoom events.
If the original schedule for recurring meetings was not altered, then you can convert a series of recurring meetings.
It is possible to edit the event settings of the selected Meeting ID within OnZoom after it has been published, but the OnZoom settings will override all original settings (name, description, date, time, and event security settings) for that Meeting ID. From outside of OnZoom, its settings cannot be edited.
The participants joining the OnZoom events created using Meeting IDs will be prompted to sign into OnZoom before they can join the event. Furthermore, all those joining using Meeting IDs registered outside of OnZoom will need to accept the OnZoom Terms of Service and Privacy Statement before they can join the event.
- Please make sure that these participants are aware of this extra step and that they should join the event at least five minutes prior to the start time in order to sign in to OnZoom.
- OnZoom events can not be accessed by telephone if your Zoom meeting has been converted to an OnZoom event, even if telephone access was enabled for the Zoom meeting. To listen to the audio of an OnZoom event, users must use their computer audio only.
- For the time being, OnZoom is only available to U.S. residents.
How to convert an existing Zoom meeting/webinar to an OnZoom event
For registrants outside of OnZoom, you need to reserve ticket capacity. The only users who are able to join an event if there is no capacity set within OnZoom is the ones who registered within OnZoom.
An existing Zoom meeting can be converted to an OnZoom event by following the following steps:
- Join OnZoom by logging into your account.
- Then click the Create button in the top-right corner.
- To convert an existing Zoom meeting or Webinar to an OnZoom event, click the Convert a Zoom Meeting / Webinar button in the Basic Information section.
- Please read the disclaimer in the pop-up window before clicking the Agree and Continue button.
- To convert a Zoom meeting into an OnZoom event, you need to enter its Meeting ID, then click the Save button.
- The settings for the specified Meeting ID will be applied to this event at the same time, i.e. name, description, date and time, security settings, and others.
- The OnZoom event name can not exceed 75 characters.
- Then click Save & Continue after you have completed the remaining Event Card sections.
- After you have completed the Event Profile section, click Save & Continue.
- In the Tickets section, select the quantity of Meeting Participant Tickets, and then click Save.
- Guests wishing to attend this event from outside of OnZoom must purchase these tickets. In order to participate in this event, all guests will be required to sign in to OnZoom. In the event that the number of external registrants exceeds the number of tickets you originally allotted, then not all of the external registrants will be able to attend the meeting if everyone registered did go.
- It is possible to publish an event on the event page, or to save it as a draft. Click on Publish to publish the event.
How to join converted OnZoom events
The following should be expected when joining your converted OnZoom event from registrants who attended the original Zoom meeting/webinar or registrants using the original meeting/webinar join link:
- A user can access their new OnZoom ticket from their OnZoom ticket dashboard after using the newly issued OnZoom join link.
Import registrants to a newly converted OnZoom event
The previously logged-in users will automatically be added to the Meeting Participant Ticket or Webinar Participant Ticket of the OnZoom event if the Zoom meeting/webinar had the Required checkbox selected before it was converted to an OnZoom event.
This is going to be the Host‘s responsibility to specify, based on the number of Attendees who come from outside of OnZoom, how many tickets should be allocated. Moreover, once your Zoom meeting/webinar has been successfully converted to an OnZoom event, you should notify your audience about the change from Zoom to OnZoom, as well as the added benefits they will enjoy by making use of OnZoom, such as a ticket wallet that will allow them to track their OnZoom tickets easily.
Join converted OnZoom event with original Zoom meeting’s/webinar’s join link
There are cases where Zoom meetings/webinars were not created with the Required check box selected under Registration at the time of their creation. If the Zoom meeting/webinar created with this check box was not completed, any participant with the original Zoom meeting/webinar join link has to sign into OnZoom and follow the steps that are found in the OnZoom sign-in experience for the first time before they can be successfully invited to join the OnZoom event.
The Zoom desktop client should be updated to the latest version by all users for the best experience when joining Zoom meetings. In addition, if the participant registered before the Zoom meeting/webinar was converted into an OnZoom event, the participant should sign in with the email they used initially when registering.
How to unlink an existing Zoom meeting from an OnZoom event
If the OnZoom event has not yet been published, you can only unlink an existing Zoom meeting from it.
A Zoom meeting can be unlinked from an OnZoom event by following these steps:
- Log in to OnZoom.
- Click Manage in the top-right corner.
- Select Events from the navigation menu.
- Select Drafts.
- Click Edit next to the event you wish to edit.
- You can unlink the Linked Zoom Meeting ID: [Number] box by clicking on it.
- Confirm unlinking.
- The OnZoom event ticket type, Meeting Participant Ticket, will be removed once the Zoom meeting has been unlinked from the event.