Mac processes are sampled by spindump files, which record user stacks and kernel stacks. If the program hangs, crashes, or is not working as it should, this can be helpful. When troubleshooting desktop client issues, Zoom Support may ask for this information.
How to create a spindump file
- In your Dock, locate the Finder icon.
- To open a new Finder window, right-click the icon.
- Select Applications from the left-hand panel.
- Select Utilities and select Activity Monitor.
- Click the settings icon on zoom.us, then click Spindump.
- The spindump file will be generated.
Note: Admin credentials may be required. If you do not have the credentials, contact your IT department.
- Click Save.
- Your Support ticket should contain a link to the file or the link to Dropbox/Google Drive.