The template can be used to create standard settings for automated receptionists, phone users, or call queues. You will then be able to apply the template to multiple users, auto receptionists, or call queues at the same time so that these settings are available to them as well. In addition to using a template when creating an extension, you can also apply it when you create any extension.
You can, for instance, create a template containing the hours of operation of a large group of call center agents, that will then be applied to the group of agents and as such, you will be able to change the business hours of these agents. By doing this, we will avoid having to edit each of the phone users one by one.
Prerequisites for creating templates for phone settings
- Business, education, or pro accounts
- Are privileged to be account owners or administrators
- Zoom Phone
- Templates cannot be used to customize the main auto receptionist.
- Templates can only be used for certain settings.
How to create a template
- Zoom’s web portal can be accessed by logging into it.
- Choose Phone System Management and then Company Information from the menu on the left.
- If you have multiple sites, select one of these options:
- The settings tab is located under the name of the site you want to edit, if you enabled multiple sites.
- In that case, click Account Settings to make your changes.
- Once you have done that, click the Manage button in the Template section.
- You will be prompted to enter a template name.
- Specify the following information:
- Template Name:
- Give the template a name.
- Template Type:
- Choose the template type.
- Confirm your selection.
- Open the template by clicking its name in the list.
- Customize the template settings.
How to create a template from an existing extension
Copy settings from a phone user, an auto receptionist, or a call queue to create a new template.
Templates belong to the same site as extensions if you have multiple sites.
- Register for a Zoom account on the Zoom website.
- Select Phone System Management from the navigation menu, then choose Phone Users, Auto Receptionists, or Call Queues from the dropdown list.
- From the dropdown list, select the extension you want to create templates for.
- In the last column of the table, select the ellipses (…) button and then click on Save to Template.
- You can also edit the template’s display name, then click Confirm to confirm your changes.
- To access the company information, click Phone System Management then Company Info in the navigation menu.
- In the event that you have multiple sites, choose one of these options:
- The settings page will appear if you have enabled more than one site: Click the edit button on the site whose settings you wish to modify.
- If you disabled multiple sites:
- Access the Account Settings page.
- Click the Manage button under the Template section.
- You will see a list of templates you have created.
- Click on the template you want to edit and choose the settings.
Settings available in templates
Templates cannot specify some settings. You can read more about settings in the following articles.
- Settings for the phone
- To automatically answer
- The call queue
- According to the policy
The following settings can be changed in the phone user template. You can’t change them anywhere else.
- PIN Code:
- When applying the template to phone users, you can assign a PIN code by selecting one of the following options. You use a PIN to check voicemail, hot desk, and lock the screen of your desk phone.
- Assign a random PIN code:
- Apply the template to users by assigning them a random PIN code.
- Assign a fixed PIN code:
- If your template is applied to phone users, assign them the same PIN code. You may view and update their PIN options by clicking Show or Edit.
How to apply a template to existing extensions
Existing extensions can be customized using templates. Template settings will be applied to the extension. This cannot be controlled.
- Zoom’s web portal can be accessed by logging in.
- Select Phone System Management from the navigation menu, then call queues, auto receptionists, or phone users.
- To select which extensions to apply a template to, click the check boxes in the first column of the table.
- After selecting the extensions, click Apply Template.
- You can search for a template by entering its display name, then selecting the template from the drop-down list.
- To confirm your settings for the selected extensions, click View Template (optional).
- Confirm your settings.
How to apply a template when creating a bespoke extension
Templates can be applied to phone users, auto receptionists, or call queues. When a template is applied, its settings are applied to all users. This can’t be customized.
- Set up a phone user, an auto receptionist, or a call queue by following the instructions.
- Select a template to use. Click one of the check boxes:
- Specify a template to be assigned to users
- Create a template to be assigned to Auto Receptionists
- Specify a template to be applied to Call Queues
- Select the template from the drop-down search results after entering the display name of the template you want to apply.
- Then click Save.
How to automatically apply a template to newly created SSO users
You can automatically apply a template for phone users to your SSO users if you created one.
- Access Zoom’s web portal.
- Choose Phone System Management from the navigation menu, then select Company Info.
- If you have multiple sites, choose one of the following options:
- You can edit multiple sites if you enable them: Select the name of the site you would like to edit, then click the Settings tab.
- When multiple sites are disabled:
- Log in to your profile.
- Make sure you select the checkbox, Assign a user template to SSO users, in the Template section.
- You can search for existing templates by entering their display names.
- In the drop-down results, select the template that you want to use.
- Save it.
How to delete a template
If you no longer need a template, you can delete it. Your extensions you have applied the template to will not be affected by deleted templates.
- Zoom’s web portal can be accessed by signing in.
- Under Communications, click Phone Systems and then click Company Information.
- Depending on how many sites you have, choose one of these options:
- The Settings tab is available once you’ve enabled multiple sites. Click the name of the site you want to edit, and then click the Edit button.
- Click Account Settings if you disabled multiple sites.
- Select Manage under Templates.
- Select the templates you want to delete by checking the boxes in the first column of the table.
- Press the Delete button.