Whether you are a host or a cohost, you can customize templates for emails you send out to your attendees to remind them about the event, to thank them, and to cancel. Using these customized templates is easy, as they can be saved in the email template library and used again in the future if the settings change so you do not have to enter them each time you send an email.
- Click the Customize email template link under the Host tab after scheduling a webinar, or under the Email messages section, once the webinar has been scheduled.
Under Calendar, you will also find a list of all the webinars you can select from.
- Choose the reminder you would like to customize under the Reminders or Other section.
- Alternatively, you can change the slider next to Enable reminder from On to Off to turn the reminder on or off as you see fit.
- From the drop-down list, you can either choose the email template that you wish to use or customize for this specific reminder email, then select the date and time that you wish to send it and click on the Apply template button.
A reminder can only be scheduled 12 hours or more in advance of the start date and time of the webinar, if you have a license that covers 10,000 attendees or more. This ensures that all attendees are received the reminder within that time frame.
- The Edit template button gives you the option to make changes to the new template that you have just applied.
The text in a variable can be deleted or rearranged, but you cannot change the text in the variable. You should not change the text Topic within %Topic%, for example, within the percentage signs. The correct text within your webinar information will not be substituted with your Webex Webinar information if you change it.
If you want to move variables inside a template, you can do so, but you cannot move them between templates.
- In order to customize your email templates, click the Save button and then back to the previous page.
- Click back to the webinar details page if you need to change any of the other reminders.
- Please click the Send emails button in the Email messages section in order to send your reminders now.
- After you have selected the recipients, click the Send button next to their names.
- Then click the Done button.