The line keys can be customized if multiple phone users are assigned to the phone. This feature is supported by certain models.
Note: Instead of the phone user’s personal line key settings, the associated desk phone will use these settings. It is not possible for the phone users to change these settings.
Prerequisites for customizing keys for devices with multiple users
- Account type: Pro, Business, or Education
- Admin or owner privileges
- Zoom Phone
- Devices added and provisioned
- By more than one person
- Zoom’s web portal requires you to sign in.
- Then click Phones & Devices from the navigation menu.
- Then click a mobile device that has more than one phone logged in.
- From the mobile device, click Keys & Positions.
- Then you will need to click Edit which will open a new window.
The following information can be viewed or edited:
- Key: Arrange the shared lines in the right order. The arrow buttons are used to move rows up and down in the order. Drag a row to move it, or use the arrow keys to move it.
- Key’s Owner: Indicates who owns the extension.
- Line Subscription: Gives the direct number or extension of the line.
- Alias (Optional): Specifies the name of the associated line. Aliases allow lines to be identified more easily. Neither the alias nor the caller ID is affected by the alias, since it only appears on the desk phone’s screen.
Note: By entering a custom alias, the default one will be replaced. A maximum of 32 characters may be entered.
- Outbound Caller ID: Shows the number of the outgoing caller. The line key settings are where you can change this.