You can customize the line keys displayed on your desk phone if it supports multiple line keys. ‘This is useful if you have multiple direct lines or shared lines (e.g., you are a member of a group of people with shared lines or you are a delegate in a call delegation setup).
There is an option to change the order, outbound caller ID, and alias associated with the line keys that are associated with your direct numbers. It is possible to change the order or the alias of line keys associated with shared lines.
A CSV file can also be imported to customize the position and number of line keys.
Prerequisites for customizing line keys and positions settings
- The license to use Zoom Phone
- with multiple line keys is a feature that is supported by Zoom Phone
How to access line key settings
You can access line key settings for a Zoom phone user’s desk phone or common area phone as a Zoom phone administrator.
- Join the Zoom web portal by logging in with your email address and password.
- Click on Phone System Management in the navigation menu and then click Users & Rooms.
- From here you can choose between the Users tab and the Common Area Phones tab.
- From here you can select the name of a user or select the phone numbers.
- To do so, select either the User Settings tab or the Settings tab.
- Click View or Edit under Keys & Positions.
- Go to Key Management.
Your own desk phones can be configured with line key settings if you are a phone user.
- Zoom’s web portal requires a Zoom account.
- Click on Phone.
- Go to the Settings tab.
- Click View or Edit under Keys & Positions.
- Choose Manage Keys.
How to customize line keys
Currently, you have the option to personalize your line keys, which include your direct phone numbers and shared phone numbers.
There is also a field for busy lamp and speed dial.
- As an admin or user, you can access line key settings.
- The following options are available:
- The order of the line keys can be adjusted. Using the arrow buttons or dragging and dropping, each row can be moved up or down in the order as desired.
- Key Type:
- This displays which type of line key is selected. The line key type can only be changed for some line keys.
- BLF (Monitoring):
- This feature adds line keys that can be used to monitor other phones.
- Call Park:
- This feature allows you to use Call Park without dialing a retrieval code.
- In order to use this feature, your Zoom account needs to be enabled. We recommend that you allow up to 3 business days from the time you contact Zoom to enable this feature.
- If you own a phone number or a shared line that is a group of shared lines or part of a delegating setup or call delegation, line keys are automatically added for those numbers.
- Speed Dial or BLF:
- Speed dial or busy lamp field is accessed with the use of line keys. Line keys can be set to Speed Dial or Busy Lamp Field.
- Zoom meeting:
- Adding companion keys for a desk phone would be helpful.
- Group Call Pickup:
- This key enables you to pick up incoming calls from your pickup group.
- Key Assignment:
- A line’s direct number, the owner, and extension (if applicable) are displayed. It is your extension number that is your primary direct number, if you have multiples. You will see the delegate’s name followed by Shared if you’re part of a call delegation setup. You’ll see the name of the group followed by Shared if you’re part of a shared line group.
- Alias (Optional):
- You can enter an alias that appears on the phone screen. If you have several shared lines or direct phone numbers, an alias can help you identify each.
- Your caller ID is not affected by the alias because it is only displayed on the desk phone.
- The default alias will be replaced with the custom alias. A maximum of 32 characters can be used in the alias.
- Outbound Caller ID (only applies to lines that are direct phone numbers):
- Type in a number for outgoing calls. There are a variety of options to choose from:
- Inbound caller ID cannot be changed for shared lines. Phone number owners are the only ones who can alter it.
- Same as Number:
- As the caller ID number, enter the number in the Live Subscription column.
- Main Company Number:
- Used for auto-reception.
- Additional Company Number:
- This number is assigned to the auto receptionist.
- You will see the name of the call queue next to the caller ID number when you see the call queue numbers mentioned previously: These are the phone numbers assigned to the call queues that you belong to.
- Hide Caller ID:
- Hiding the number and name of outgoing callers.
- Tap Save.
- If the changes are not applied immediately, the phone will reboot automatically. You may have to restart the phone several times.
Default aliases for line keys
Here is a list of the keys on your phone that correspond to the following:
- As soon as you press the line key, your name will be displayed in case you have only one direct number or if you don’t have one.
- Depending on the number of direct numbers that you have, the line keys will display the number that you want.
- As a delegate, you will be able to see the number displayed on every shared line (direct phone number that belongs to the delegate) when you are logged in.
How to change the primary number
There may be several direct phone numbers that you have, so if there is more than one, the primary phone number can be changed. You can use the same line for both the primary and the extension numbers. The line associated with the company’s primary number will be used if an incoming call is routed through that number.
- Log on to the Zoom web portal by entering your email address and password.
- Select the phone option.
- Click on the Settings tab.
- The Primary Number can be selected from the drop-down menu in the Keys & Positions section.
- This change will be applied automatically when the phone is rebooted. This may require multiple reboots of the phone.