Note: Before Zoom Chat, the IM dashboard was called the Zoom Chat dashboard. The July 1, 2021 UI enhancements can be found here.
Zoom Chat, our group messaging product, offers account-usage metrics that can be viewed by admins and account owners. Metrics are available for sent messages by type, such as images, files, and animated GIFs. A summary of all messages sent in the account can also be seen.
This article covers:
- Accessing the Zoom Chat dashboard
- Metrics glossary
- Viewing overall metrics
- Education, Business, or API Plan
- Ownership or Admin Privileges
Accessing the Zoom Chat dashboard
- Register for a Zoom account.
- Choose Dashboard from the navigation panel.
- Click Zoom Chat in the top left corner.
- You can filter or customize the data using the following options:
- You can pick a date range at the top of the page using the drop-down menu and tabs.
- Search for metrics relating to a specific user using the search box.
- Download the filtered data in a CSV file by clicking Export to CSV.
Zoom Chat dashboard metrics are explained in the following list.
Sent Messages: Messages sent one-on-one, in channels and groups. A total of all message types are included in this (texts, documents, images, code snippets, GIFs, audio, and video messages).
- Total: The number of messages sent.
- Zoom users can send messages to other Zoom users one-on-one (direct messages).
- Channels & Group Chats: Group or channel messages.
Sent Messages by Type: I have arranged the messages sent based on their type (texts, files, images, snippets of code, GIPHYs, audio messages, and video messages).
- Text: Messages with only text in them
- Files: Sending of files via Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, Microsoft SharePoint, and Google Drive, including local files and files sent via file sharing integrations.
- Images: The following image formats were sent: PNG, JPG, and screen capture
- Code Snippet: I sent snippets of code.
- GIPHYs: Sending animated GIFs (Giphys).
- Audio: Message sent via audio.
- Videos: A video message was sent.
Viewing overall metrics
Messages sent in your account can also be viewed.
- Access Zoom’s web portal by logging in.
- Select Dashboard from the navigation panel.
- Under the Meetings section, you will find a drop-down menu next to Top 10 Users By or Usage By that allows you to select Zoom Chat Sent Messages.