When you have finished processing your recordings, you will be able to delete them locally or from the cloud.
As soon as you have processed your recordings for your local or cloud storage, it is possible to delete the MP4, M4A, VTT, CC.VTT, and TXT files. If you want to delete local recordings from your computer, you can, but if you want to delete cloud recordings, you must do so via the Zoom web portal.
If a user deletes his or her cloud recordings, or an admin deletes a user’s account, what happens to those recordings? Learn more here.
How to delete local recordings
- Log in to the Zoom desktop client.
- Select the Meetings tab.
- Select the meeting that has a local recording from the Recorded tab.
- LThe local recordings feature a file path and playback/delete options.
- It means the recording is a cloud recording if you only see the Open option.
- To remove the recording permanently, click Delete.
How to delete cloud recordings
The option to delete all cloud recordings in your account, all recordings in search results, or recordings for a particular meeting is available. You can then permanently delete the files from the trash after moving them there. You will be able to permanently delete them after 30 days if you do not delete them manually. Cloud-recording storage limits do not apply to files in the trash.
- Log in to the Zoom web portal.
- Select one of the following options:
- Select Recording Management then Account Management.
You will see a list of cloud recordings in the account.
- Select the recordings tab.
A list of your cloud recordings will appear.
- Deleting a recording is as simple as these methods:
How to delete cloud recordings by meeting ID
- Manage recordings online.
- Select Search by ID from the search box.
- Click Search after entering the meeting ID.
- Finally, click More then Delete.
- To delete the recordings, click Yes.
How to delete all cloud recordings in a search results
- Access the recording management interface.
- Enter your search criteria and the desired date range, then click Search.
- Check the checkbox in the header row.
- Delete the selected records.
- Confirm by clicking Yes and moving the recordings to the trash.
How to delete all cloud recordings
- Recording management is accessible.
- Select the dates and the status, and then click Search.
- Leave it blank.
- Choose the current date.
- Select All Status from the drop-down menu.
- Tick the checkbox located in the header row.
- Then click Delete Selected.
- The recordings will be moved to the trash after you click Yes.
How to delete specific cloud recording files
- Recording management is accessible.
- To delete a recording, click its meeting topic.
- Under the section, The recording includes the following files, hover over the recording file and then click the trash can icon.
- The recordings will be moved to the trash if you click Yes.
How to permanently delete cloud recordings in the trash
The Trash button is located in the top-right corner of the recording management page. Click it to view the files in the trash. Cloud-recording files in the trash aren’t counted towards your storage limit, and will be permanently deleted after 30 days. There are currently no files in your trash if you do not have the Trash option.
How to permanently deleting cloud recordings by meeting ID
- Click Search after entering the meeting ID in the search box.
- On the right side of each meeting, click Delete. Select several meetings using the check boxes, then click Delete to delete them all.
How to permanently delete all cloud recordings
- Click the Empty Trash button in the top-right corner to empty the trash.
- Confirm that you want to permanently delete all files by clicking Empty.
How to recover cloud recordings from the trash
Click on Recover at the top when you have selected one or more meetings. On individual meetings, click on Recover to recover that particular meeting only.