Owners and administrators of accounts can now restrict screen sharing to applications only, preventing participants and hosts from sharing their entire desktop. Users are limited to sharing only certain files and applications when this feature is enabled. Administrators and account owners will find this feature useful since it controls what participants see and do on their screens, limiting screen sharing to applications instead of their entire desktop.
Prerequisites for disabling desktop screen sharing
- Zoom desktop client for Windows, 4.6.0 (13610.1201) or higher
- Zoom desktop client for macOS, 4.6.0 (13614.1202) or higher
- Account owner or admin privileges
Enabling Disable desktop screen sharing for meetings you host
Disable desktop screen sharing for all users in your account during meetings you host:
- As an administrator you can edit account settings on the Zoom web portal.
- Go to Account Management and click Account Settings.
- Click Meetings.
- Make sure Disable desktop screen sharing for meetings you host is selected under In Meeting (Basic).
- You’ll need to toggle this setting if it isn’t enabled. To verify the change, click Turn On in the verifying dialog box.
- Alternatively, if you want all users in your account to have access to this setting, click the lock icon and then click Lock to confirm.
The Group Management page has been renamed to Groups if you created a new Zoom account after August 21, 2021; or if the New Admin Experience is enabled on your account.
Disable desktop screen sharing in meetings you host for a group of users by following these steps:
- Log in to the Zoom web portal as an admin with group editing privileges.
- Click User Management then Group Management from the navigation panel.
- Select the appropriate group from the list, then click Settings.
- Select the Meeting tab.
- Make sure that Disable desktop screen sharing for meetings you host is selected under In Meeting (Basic).
- Toggle it on if it is disabled. Verify the change by clicking Turn On in the verification dialog box.
It is important to note that if an option is grayed out, it has been locked at the account level and needs to be changed there.
- (Optional) You can make this setting mandatory for all users in the group by clicking the lock icon and then clicking Lock to confirm.
You can disable desktop screen sharing for meetings you host for your own use by following these steps:
- Log in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Settings in the navigation panel.
- Select Meetings.
- Make sure Disable desktop screen sharing for meetings you host is enabled under In Meeting (Basic).
- Toggle the setting on or off if it is disabled. Click Turn On in the verification dialog box if it appears.
If the option is grayed out, it has either been locked at the account or group level. Contact your Zoom administrator.
When the setting is enabled, the Desktop options and the Portion of Screen option will not be listed as options for screen sharing during a meeting.