The Zoom platform offers its users a convenient communication system in the form of video conferencing. Their creation is completely free, just like the introduction. And this can be done using a PC client or via a mobile application for current platforms. This article will discuss one of them. We will explain how to download Zoom for free on Android and connect to the conference.
In this case, the user has a choice of two installation options:
- Standard – via the Google Play app store ( “ Play Store” ).
- Alternative – using the APK file published on the official website.
The first of them is preferable because it is much simpler and takes no more than five minutes of time. But, unfortunately, it is not suitable for all smartphones and tablets, because some devices do not have this application store. As a rule, it is not available on models for the local markets of various countries (China, India, Korea, etc.). And for them the second is the only possible one.
First, we will analyze both options separately, and then general instructions for using the Zoom.
Option # 1: Official App Store
If ” Play Store” is on your device, then you should install Zoom on Android through it. The procedure in this case is as follows:
- Open the store using the icon on the screen.
- Tap on the top form to activate the search function.
- Enter Zoom in the text box .
- Click Find on the virtual keyboard (magnifying glass icon).
- At the very top of the search results will be the desired application.
- Tap on the green button opposite its name.
- Confirm the start of the download, if required by the system.
Option # 2: APK file
Download the Zoom APK file to install the app will come from the official website. This is best done directly from your smartphone or tablet:
- Open zoom.us in any mobile browser .
- Scroll the page almost to the very bottom, to the dark area.
- Tap on the “Download” button .
- Now click on the top item “Load with Zoom”
- Save the zoom.apk file .
- Run it from a browser window or through any file manager.
- It is likely that at this step you will see a security warning that the installation is blocked. Disable it will be released in Android settings if you activate the “Unknown sources” option or directly from the warning form.
- In the new window, tap on the “Install” button .
- Wait for the process to finish.
On some mobile devices , the Unknown Sources option may have a different name. Try looking for it in the “Security” section of the Android settings. As a last resort – find instructions for installing applications through the APK.
Nuances of use
When the mobile application is launched for the first time, the user will see the following window:In the upper left corner there is a gear icon . If you tap on it, the settings page will open. Here you can find out the current version and change the conference parameters: audio and video work, preview, visibility of participant names, etc.
And at the bottom of the screen there are three buttons:
- Central “Enter the conference” .
- Left “Registration” .
- Right “Sign in” .
The essence of this separation is that registration is not required to join someone else’s conference. But to create their own online conversation and get additional features, the user needs to create an account on the Zoom platform. This procedure for mobile devices is described in detail here . And now I would like to figure out how to connect to an already running video conference.
The easiest way to do this is to use a special link sent by the organizer. It can be sent through the same WhatsApp, VKontakte, etc. Open this link and select the Zoom application .Enter your name in the text box and click OK .
You will join the conversation immediately after permission from the host.
The second way is a little more confusing:
- On the main page of the application, click on “Join the conference” .
- In the upper text field, type in the connection ID, the organizer knows it.
- The column below is the username that other people will see.
- In the “Login Options” block , if you want, disable your microphone or camera.
- Tap on the blue button.
- In the new window, enter the access password and click “OK” .