Apple computers and laptops are loved by a huge number of people around the world. As a rule, this is due to the stylish, strict design and its own macOS operating system. There is an impressive library of applications for it, both original and cross-platform (available for Windows). One of these is Video Conferencing Zoom . The installation procedure is not entirely familiar, which confuses many users. Let’s take a look at how to download Zoom for Mac OS , set it up and connect to chat.
This program is distributed exclusively through the official website. That is, you cannot find it in the App Store for computers and laptops, because the developers did not publish it. For fun, you can type Zoom into the search box . You will see something like the following:
This completes the introductory part, so let’s move on to the main part of the procedure:
- Open the Download Zoom for Mac OS link below the article.
- Click on the Download button for the conference client.
- Save the file called Zoom. pkg .
- To start the installation itself, open it.
- On the Introduction page , click Continue
- Choose who will use this program – all users or just the current one.
- And again click “Continue
- Optionally, you can change the future directory for Zoom, but it is better to leave the default path.
- Click on the “Install” button to start the procedure.
- When it finishes, you can close the window.
If you have never installed programs from the Internet before, but used the Mac App Store, you may encounter a security lock. To continue the procedure, you need to disable it:
- Open “System Preferences” in any convenient way, for example, like this:
- Please visit the section “Protection and Security” .
- Click on the yellow padlock icon to access the options.
- Enter the administrator password and click Remove Protection .
- Activate the ” App Store for Mac and From Installed Developers” mode from below .
- Confirm the changes and click on the “lock” again .
- Repeat the previous instructions to finally install Zoom on Mac OS.
- It’s time to analyze the nuances of using the program.
Nuances of use
The first time you launch Zoom, the user will see a window with two buttons:
- Join conference – connect to an existing broadcast.
- Log in – authorization in the program.
In the first case, an account is not required, that is, the registration procedure does not need to be performed. But in the second, it is already required.
That is, if you plan to become a member of an already created conference, then you do not need to create a Zoom account. But in this case, additional features will be unavailable, for example, organizing your own video conversations. We have discussed the specifics of the registration procedure for a PC in a separate article .
There are two ways to connect:
- Using a special link – open it in your browser. Then agree to launch zoom. us and provide a display name.
- Using the conference ID. Click “Join the conference” , enter it and your name, configure additional audio and video parameters and click “Join” again .
You can control the microphone and webcam in the lower left corner of the screen. To go to advanced settings, click on the selected items:
The Sound tab will open . Here you can adjust the speaker and microphone volume and select other output devices as needed. Also check out the Videos tab . There, the webcam is already configured directly. For example, if her picture is not very high-quality, then activate “Enable high definition ( HD)” .