Your meeting passcode can be embedded into the invite link. Participants will be able to join with just one click by using the encrypted meeting passcode that is included in the link to your invite. Your meeting will be more secure with a passcode embedded and attendees will be able to join easier with a passcode.
In order to access the meeting, attendees will need to enter the meeting’s passcode manually if you disable Embed passcode in invite link for one-click join.
Prerequisites for Embed passcode in invite link for one-click join
- Ownership or administrative privileges of an account
How to enable Embed passcode in invite link for one-click join
In order to enable the feature Embed passcode in invite link so all users can join with one click, you must do the following:
- If you are an administrator with the ability to edit the account settings, you can sign in to the Zoom web portal as an admin.
- You can find the Account Settings under the Account Management section.
- Choose Meetings.
- Verify under the Security section whether Embedding Passcodes in Invite Links for One-Click Registration is enabled.
- Click on the toggle to enable the setting, if it is disabled. Then, click Turn On in the confirmation dialog if you are asked for a confirmation.
- If you wish to make this setting mandatory for all users in your account, you must click the lock icon, and then you must click Reset to confirm that you wish to make this setting mandatory.
The Group Management page has been renamed to Groups on your Zoom account if you registered for a new account after August 21, 2021 or if you enabled the New Admin Experience in your account.
If you want to enable one-click join by embedding a passcode in the invite link:
- The first step in using Zoom is to sign in as an administrator with the ability to edit your groups.
- You can do this by clicking User Management and then clicking Group Management in the navigation panel.
- You will see a list of the available groups; after selecting the appropriate group, you will see the Settings tab.
- Select Meetings in the menu
- Please make sure that under the Security section the option Embed passcodes in one-click invitation links is selected.
- You can enable it by clicking the toggle. To verify the change, click Turn On when prompted.
- Greyed-out options indicate the account level has locked them and they should be changed there.
- Click on the lock icon, and then click Lock to confirm the setting. If you want this setting to be considered mandatory for all users within the group, click the lock icon.
You can embed the passcode in the invite link for one-click joining by using the following instructions:
- Zoom’s web portal can be accessed once you’ve signed on.
- To get started, click Settings.
- Select Meetings.
- Check whether the checkbox to embed a passcode into the invite link allows one-click joining is ticked under Security.
- Click the toggle to make the setting active if it is disabled. A confirmation dialog will appear. Click Turn On to confirm the change was made.
- Greyed out options indicate the account or group has locked them. Zoom administrators need to be contacted.