In order for meeting and webinar hosts and panelists to save a copy of their in-meeting and in-webinar conversations automatically, they must enable this feature on their computers, so they don’t need to manually save the text of their discussions after the meeting or webinar has started. Discover how to save a meeting’s in-meeting chat.
It includes all the messages you were able to see during the meeting from your connection to it as well as the chat transcript. Private messages are those that you sent or received, but not those written between participants. This includes any private messages that you have sent or received.
If you start your meeting or webinar directly from the Zoom mobile app, your in-meeting/webinar chats will not be saved.
Prerequisites for auto-saving chats
- A Zoom account
- Account owner or admin privileges
Enabling/disabling auto-saving chats
When you want to enable or disable Autosaving chats for all account users, you need to follow these steps:
- If you are an administrator with the permission to edit account settings, you need to login to the Zoom web portal.
- You will find Account Management and Account Settings under the navigation menu.
- Select Meetings from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Auto saving chats toggle to enable or disable it. Next to In Meeting (Basic), you will see an option to enable or disable it.
- Upon receiving a confirmation dialog, click Enable or Disable to confirm the change has been made.
- Then click Lock to confirm the setting, and then click the Lock icon with the lock symbol to make this setting mandatory for all users in your account.
The Group Management page has been renamed to Groups on your Zoom account if you registered for a new account after August 21, 2021 or if you enabled the New Admin Experience in your account.
In order to enable or disable the automatic saving of chats for a group of users, follow these steps:
- If you are a Zoom administrator with the permission to edit groups, you can sign into the Zoom web portal as an administrator.
- On the left-hand side, you will find the User Management section and then the Group Management section.
- On the left-hand side, you will find the Group Management section.
- On the right-hand side, you will find the Meetings section.
- To enable or disable auto-saving of chats under In Meeting (Basic), you will need to click the Auto saving chats toggle button.
- You can verify the change by clicking Enable or Disable if a verification dialog box appears.
- When an option is greyed out, it means that it has been locked at the account level and must be changed at the account level.
- It’s entirely up to you whether or not you want this setting to be mandatory for all users in the group, so if you do, then click the Lock icon and confirm by clicking Lock.
You can enable or disable the automatic saving of chats for your own use by following these steps:
- Log into the Zoom web portal by entering your email address and password.
- After logging in, click Settings in the navigation panel.
- Click on Meetings in the list of tabs.
- To enable or disable auto-saving chats in In Meeting (Basic), click the Auto saving chats toggle button.
- You can verify the change by clicking Enable or Disable in the verification window that appears.
- Greyed out options indicate that they have been locked at the group or account level and will have to be changed at those levels as well.