Hosting events in the Zoom cloud is enabled by enabling cloud recording. By default, all Zoom subscribers have this setting enabled.
Additionally, you can modify cloud recording management settings for hosts, such as automatic recording, requiring a password to view cloud recordings, and setting a deletion period for cloud recordings. The host can customize the basic and advanced cloud recording settings for his or her cloud recordings according to his or her needs.
Prerequisites for enabling cloud recording
- Account type: Pro, Business, Education, or Enterprise
- Access to account and group settings as an account owner or admin
- Licensed user
How to enable or disable cloud recording
Activate or deactivate all users’ cloud recordings in the account:
- As an administrator, sign into the Zoom web portal to edit your account settings.
- Click Account Management then Account Settings in the navigation menu.
- Select the Recording tab.
- Enable or disable Cloud Recording by clicking the toggle.
- Verify the change by clicking Enable or Disable in the verification dialog.
- Click the lock icon if you want this setting to be mandatory for all users in your account, and then click Lock to confirm.
- (Optional) Select any additional basic and advanced cloud recording settings if necessary, such as saving chat messages, displaying participants’ names in the recording, or adding a timestamp to the recording.
New Zoom accounts created after August 21, 2021 or accounts with the New Admin Experience enabled will have Group Management renamed to Groups.
- Log in as an admin with the authority to edit groups to Zoom’s web portal.
- On the left hand side, click Users and then Groups.
- Find the appropriate group and click it.
- Select Record.
- Activate or deactivate Cloud recording.
- Verify the change by clicking Enable or Disable if a verification dialog appears.
- A grayed out option means it has been locked at the account level and needs to be changed there.
- If you wish to make this setting mandatory for all users in the group, click the lock icon and confirm the setting by clicking Lock.
- Select any additional basic or advanced cloud recording options as needed, such as saving chat messages, displaying participants’ names in the recording, or adding a timestamp to the recording.
- Log in to the Zoom web portal.
- Select Settings from the navigation menu.
- Select the Recording tab.
- Activate or deactivate Cloud Recording.
- Click Enable or Disable to confirm the change if a verification dialog appears.
- When an option is grayed out, it has been locked and must be changed at the account or group level. For assistance, contact Zoom support.
- Select any additional basic and advanced cloud recording settings as needed, such as saving chat messages, displaying the names of participants in the recording, or adding a timestamp to the recording.