A host or participant can call in or out of a meeting/webinar if they choose to (call me) or invite others if they choose to (call out).
In order to join the meeting audio, the host needs to enter their phone number and then select “join audio” in the meeting information. In addition to these features, the host can also enter the phone numbers of others who he wants to invite to the meeting.
Prerequisite for enabling or disabling call me and invite by phone
- Pro, Business, or Enterprise account
- Subscribed to the Audio Plan add-on
- Call out countries selected
- Account owner or admin to edit account and group settings
How to enable or disable the call me and call out features
If you want all users in the account to be able to Call Me and Invite by Phone:
- Become an owner or admin of your Zoom account and have the ability to edit account settings.
- Simply click on Account Management, then Account Settings, and then click Save.
- Once you have selected Audio Conferencing, the following window will appear.
- Click the Call Me and Invite by Phone toggle to enable or disable it.
- If a verification dialog appears, click Enable or Disable to verify the change.
- You can choose to require Call Me users to press 1 before joining a meeting if the option Require Call Me users to press 1 is selected: Auto, Always, or Never.
- Click on the pencil icon next to Call Out Countries/Regions to access this option.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the pop-up window after selecting the desired countries and regions.
- Select the checkbox next to Allow webinar attendees to use Call Me to connect audio if your host has a webinar license.
- This feature works for webinars using Zoom client version 5.2.2 or higher.
- When you check the lock icon and then click Lock to confirm the setting, the setting will be made mandatory for all users in your account.
The Group Management page has been renamed to Groups on your Zoom account if you registered for a new account after August 21, 2021 or if you enabled the New Admin Experience in your account.
- As an administrator or owner of the Zoom web portal, you have the right to edit the settings of your account.
- Click on the Manage Users tab in the Navigation menu and then select Manage Groups in the drop-down menu.
- From the list of groups, click the name of the appropriate group, then click the Audio Conferencing tab.
- Activate the telephone button to enable calls.
- Verify the change by clicking Enable or Disable in the verification dialog box.
In the case of the grayed-out option, that means the option has been locked at the account level and need to be adjusted there.
- Select the option that requires users to press 1 before being connected to the meeting under Require Call Me users to press 1 before being connected to the meeting: Auto, Always, or Never.
- Select the appropriate country/region from the list.
- Choose the countries you would like to call out, then click the Save button once you have selected that country.
- Choose the check box next to Allow webinar attendees to use Call Me to connect their audio if your host has a webinar license.
- For this feature to work, you must have Zoom client version 5.2.2 or higher.
- Click the lock icon, and then click Lock to confirm the setting if you want it to be mandatory for all users in the group.
The setting can be viewed at the user level, but it can only be changed by IT admins.
- To access the Zoom web portal, you will need to sign in.
- Then click the Settings link in the menu bar.
- You will see a tab labeled Audio Conferencing in the dialog box.
- Make sure that the option Call Me and Invite by Phone is turned on.
- Contact your account administrator if the options are disabled or grayed out.
- I would like to know if we need to make any changes to the Require Call Me users to press 1 before they can join a meeting? Please contact your account administrator if you need any changes made.