There is a virtual meeting room known as your “Personal Meeting Room” that is reserved permanently for you on the basis of your Personal Meeting ID (PMI).
You can use your account’s PMI to start an instant meeting automatically by selecting Use Personal Meeting ID (PMI) when starting an instant meeting.
- Free, Pro, Business, or Enterprise account
- Account owner or admin privileges
Enabling Use Personal Meeting ID (PMI) when starting an instant meeting
The following steps should be followed for all users in the account to enable Use Personal Meeting ID (PMI) when starting an instant meeting:
- Admins who have the privilege to edit account settings should log on to the Zoom web portal.
- Select Account Management, then Account Settings from the navigation menu.
- Select Meetings.
- Click on the toggle for Use Personal Meeting ID (PMI) when starting an instant meeting under Schedule Meeting to enable the feature.
- The change will be verified by clicking Enable when prompted.
- You may also make this setting mandatory for all users of your account if you want. All you have to do is click the lock icon on the lock screen and then click Lock to confirm that you want to make this a mandatory setting.
The Group Management page has been renamed to Groups on your Zoom account if you registered for a new account after August 21, 2021 or if you enabled the New Admin Experience in your account.
When starting an instant meeting for a group of users, use Personal Meeting ID (PMI) to identify the group of users:
- As a Zoom admin with the permission to edit groups, you should sign into the Zoom web portal.
- Click on Users, then Groups.
- From the list, select the relevant group.
- From the Meeting tab, select the meeting.
- When starting an instant meeting, enable Use Personal Meeting ID (PMI) under Schedule Meeting.
- Verify that the change was made by clicking Enable if prompted.
- It is required to adjust the account level if the option is grayed out.
- Click the Lock icon, followed by Lock, to make this group-wide setting mandatory for all users. You might want to do this if you wanted it to apply to all users in the group.
It is possible to choose to open an instant meeting using your own Personal Meeting ID (PMI) for your own use by checking the following box:
- Log in to the Zoom web portal using your email address and password.
- You will then be taken to the Settings page where you can change the settings.
- Select the Meetings tab from the drop-down menu.
- When starting an instant meeting, you need to enable the use of Personal Meeting ID (PMI) by clicking the Use Personal Meeting ID (PMI) when starting the meeting toggle.
- In the verification dialog that appears, click Enable in order to confirm the change.
- A grayed-out option means that it has been locked either at the account level or at the group level and needs to be changed there. Zoom administrators should be contacted.
Using Personal Meeting ID (PMI) when starting an instant meeting
When starting an instant meeting, use your PMI by following these instructions.