Once scheduled, public Zoom meetings and webinars will be available on a public calendar associated with your vanity URL for up to 12 months after they are scheduled. Zoom lets you enable an option for scheduling Zoom meetings and webinars on a public calendar associated with your vanity URL. In this list you can find a list of meeting and webinar dates and times. This list can be seen both inside and outside of Zoom, and users can join or register for a meeting or webinar by clicking on a link.
- Business, Enterprise, or Education account
- Approved Vanity URL
- Must be enabled by support, for the option to show in the web portal. After contacting support, please allow up to 3 business days for the feature to be enabled.
Enabling the public calendar
For all users in the account to publish events to the public calendar:
- Admins can edit account settings by logging into Zoom’s web portal
- then selecting Account Management, then selecting Account Settings from the navigation panel.
- Then select Meetings from the drop-down menu.
- Check the Public Event List checkbox under In Meeting (Advanced).
- Turn it on by clicking the toggle switch. Verify the change by clicking Turn On if a verification dialog box appears.
- For all users in your account, you can make this option mandatory by clicking the lock icon in the upper right corner, and then selecting Lock to confirm.
You will find that Group Management has been renamed to Groups if you created a new Zoom account sometime after the 21st of August 2018; or, if you enabled the New Admin Experience on your account.
For a group of users to publish events on a public calendar:
- Admins who have the ability to edit account settings should sign in to the Zoom web portal
- and select Group Management from the navigation panel.
- On the left hand side, click on the name of the appropriate group.
- Click on Meetings.
- Ensure that the list of public events is enabled in Meeting (Advanced).
- It should be enabled by clicking the toggle.
- Click on Turn On to verify that the change has been made if a verification dialog box appears.
- You can choose to make the setting mandatory for all users in the group by clicking on the lock icon and then clicking Lock once it has been confirmed.
You can use the public calendar to publish events for your own use by following these steps:
- Access Zoom’s web portal by signing in.
- Go to the Settings tab.
- Select Meetings.
- Verify that the option to List events on the Public Event List is selected under In Meeting (Advanced).
- In the event that the setting is not enabled, we recommend toggling it on.
- To confirm the changes, click the Turn On button if a verification dialog appears.