When Toll-free and Fee-based Toll Call is enabled in the Zoom client and email invitation, participants will be able to dial into meetings by calling the toll-free and fee-based numbers listed. Dialing in for meetings will be unavailable if this setting is disabled.
Participants dialing in with those numbers must be Licensed meeting hosts.
- Pro, Business, Enterprise account
- Audio conferencing add-on
- Licensed user
Enabling Toll-free and Fee-based Toll Call
For all users in the account, we will be able to make toll-free and fee-based calls:
- As a zoom admin, you can edit account settings by logging into the Zoom web portal.
- Select Account Settings from the account management menu.
- Next to Audio Conference, click the tab.
- If you enable Free Toll Call and Fee-based Toll Call you should be able to make free and fee-based calls.
- Toggle the setting on if it is disabled. Verify the change by clicking Enable.
- The lock icon can be clicked to make this setting mandatory for all users (optional) Once confirmed, click Lock to make this setting mandatory for all your users.
The Group Management page has been renamed to Groups on your Zoom account if you registered for a new account after August 21, 2021 or if you enabled the New Admin Experience in your account.
To enable Toll-free and Fee-based Toll Call for a group of users:
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an admin with the privilege to edit groups.
- In the navigation panel, click User Management then Group Management.
- Click the applicable group name from the list, then click the Audio Conferencing tab.
- Verify that Toll-free and Fee-based Toll Call is enabled.
- If the setting is disabled, click the toggle to enable it. If a verification dialog appears, click Enable to verify the change.
- If the option is grayed out, it has been locked at the account level and needs to be changed at that level.
- The lock icon, if you want it to be mandatory for all users in the group, should be clicked, and then the Lock button should be clicked to make the setting mandatory for all users in the group.
The setting can be viewed at the user level, but it can only be changed by IT admins.
- Login to the Zoom web portal after you have created an account.
- You will be taken to the Settings section of the Zoom web portal.
- Select the Audio Conferencing tab and follow the instructions.
- Make sure both fee-based and toll-free calls are enabled for your number.
- You should contact your account administrator if Toll-free and Fee-based Toll Call are disabled and grayed out.
Using Toll-free and Fee-based Toll Call
- Use your Personal Meeting ID to schedule a meeting.
- Select Edit next to Dial from while editing the meeting‘s Audio section.
- In the meeting invitation, include the countries from which participants can call. If you have selected Global Dial-In Countries in your meeting settings, this entails your Global Dial-In Countries as well.
- Follow these instructions if you frequently invite attendees from countries with toll numbers.