During a meeting, members of the host team will be able to access a whiteboard and will be allowed to share it with their participants.
- Account owner or admin privileges
Screen sharing can be disabled by enabling the Whiteboard setting. If the Whiteboard setting is disabled by Disabling Screen Sharing, it cannot be changed.
Whiteboard can be enabled for all users in the account using the following steps:
- As an admin, you can edit account settings by logging in to the Zoom web portal.
- Select Account Management and then Account Settings in the navigation menu.
- Select Meetings from the list.
- To enable the whiteboard, click the Whiteboard toggle under In Meeting (Basic).
- Verify the change by clicking Enable if a verification dialog appears.
- The lock icon can be clicked if you wish to make this setting mandatory for all users in your account. After clicking on the lock icon, you will need to confirm this setting by clicking Lock.
The Group Management page has been renamed to Groups on your Zoom account if you registered for a new account after August 21, 2021 or if you enabled the New Admin Experience in your account.
For a group of users to be able to use the Whiteboard, you will need to do the following:
- Sign in with an admin account that has the ability to edit groups in Zoom.
- Go to Account Management, and then click on Group Management.
- Locate the appropriate group and click on it.
- Select Meetings from the drop-down menu.
- You can enable the whiteboard by clicking the toggle next to the In Meeting (Basic) box.
- As soon as the confirmation dialog box appears asking if you really want to turn on the feature, click Enable.
- There is a likelihood that the option has been locked at the account level, so it would need to be changed at that level if it is grayed out.
- The lock icon on the page is an option that can be enabled for all members of a group, however, you must confirm the setting with Lock in order to make it mandatory.
The following steps will allow you to use Whiteboard:
- Access Zoom’s web portal by logging in.
- Then click Settings on the left side of the page.
- You will see a tab called Meetings appear.
- You can enable the whiteboard by clicking the toggle under the In Meeting (Basic) section.
- To verify that the change takes effect, click Enable.
Note: If an option is grayed out, then the option has been locked either at the group level or at the account level and must be unlocked from those levels.
In addition, the feature will be rolled out to all members of the account if it is enabled at the account level. An administrator with the permissions to edit account settings can change this setting by contacting the account owner. We will keep all of the settings for groups or users that we had previously altered.
- Sign into the Zoom web portal by entering your email address and password.
- Then click on the Account Management tab.
- Select Meetings.
- Click the toggle next to Whiteboard. To enable the whiteboard, click the Enable button.
- Please note that this setting can be made a requirement for all members of any given account if you click the lock icon (ensure that Screen sharing is enabled and locked). Once the screen appears, click Lock.
The feature will automatically be enabled for all members of a group when this is enabled at the group level. You can change this if you have the permission to edit group settings as an admin or owner of the group. Any settings that have been previously modified for members of the group will not be changed.
- Log on to the Zoom web portal by entering your email address and password.
- Navigate to User Management, then click Group Management.
- Click the group you wish to edit.
- Select Meetings.
- Click Enable Whiteboard to enable it. In the window that appears, click Enable to enable the whiteboard.
- Click on the lock icon (if you would like to make this setting mandatory for the group) if you would like to do this. (Ensure that Screen sharing is enabled and locked before choosing this option) To lock the whiteboard, click the Lock button on the pop-up window.
- Zoom’s web portal requires you to sign in.
- Go to the Settings section.
- Select Meetings.
- Toggle Enabling Whiteboard.
- You may need to contact your account administrator if the feature is disabled and greyed out.