The Installing Zoom requires 1012 error appears during the installation of the program on a computer or laptop with a Windows operating system, or during a connection. As a result, the procedure is interrupted. The situation is very unpleasant, especially when soon you need to take part in a video conference or organize it yourself. How to proceed? In the course of this article, we will deal with this failure and offer an easy way to solve it.
The error message looks something like this:
As a rule, it appears when using Windows 7 and older OS versions from Microsoft, although exceptions are possible. And the failure is caused by the fact that the latest updates to Zoom require the TSL connection protocol. So it can be disabled by default in the settings of the Internet Explorer browser, which is used by this program to access the Internet. This means that the parameter must be manually activated. This is done as follows:
- Open the start menu.
- From the list of all programs, start Internet Explorer .
- With the program window active on the keyboard, press the key Alt…
- A new panel will appear at the very top. From there open the “Service” menu .
- Click on the inscription “Browser options” .
- Next, visit the tab called “Advanced” .
- Enable the “Use TSL 1.1” and “Use TSL 1.2” options .
- Click on the “Apply” and “OK” buttons one by one .
- Close your internet browser.
Our proposed solution to fix error 1012 in Zoom is considered the most effective. Well, if for some reason it did not work, then reset IE settings. For this:
- Open the “Browser Options” window again .
- Also visit the “Advanced” tab .
- But this time click on the “Reset …” button
- In the new form, confirm the completion of the procedure.
- Wait for it to complete.