Support teams can troubleshoot issues you may be experiencing with the help of log files and configuration files. The files can be downloaded from the web interface, and you can then send them to our support team for further analysis.
Prerequisites for exporting logs and configuration files for Poly phones
- Polycom devices supported
- With Polycom device added to Zoom portal
- And Web Interface enabled in account-level settings
How to access the phone’s web interface
- Here we show screenshots from a VVX phone, but the instructions also apply to SoundPoints and SoundStations.
- Provisioned devices do not have access to the Zoom Phone web interface by default. Make sure the Web Interface feature is enabled in the account-level desk phone settings if you cannot access the phone’s web interface.
- Select Settings by pressing the Home button on your phone.
- Click on Status followed by Network.
- The IP address can be found by clicking TCP/IP Parameters, then IPv4 Addr.
- Connect your phone to the same network as your computer and open a web browser.
- Paste the IP address of the phone followed by https:// in the address bar.
- You will need to add a security exception if your browser displays a security warning.
- First you will need to sign into the web interface as an administrator.
- The default password for the admin account is 456. The vendor of the phone will be able to assist you if you do not know your username or password. It’s possible to view the password in the Zoom web portal if you set the admin password globally.
How to export logs and configuration files using the phone’s web interface
- Click View & Download Logs from the Diagnostics menu in the top menu bar.
- The log file can then be downloaded.
- Click Import & Export Configuration when your cursor is over the Utilities option.
- Once you have clicked Export Configuration, click Export.
The Polycom support site provides instructions on configuring syslog.