Every phone user is permitted Zoom phone Sms to send as well as receive text messages by using the mobile app and zoom desktop client.
Remember, further detailed user admin-based based guides on following the setting up instructions are found on the zoom web page.
FAQs on Zoom Admins.
- Can you elaborate on the way of enabling SMS for a phone site or user?
Enabling the SMS in policy settings at the site level ( if multiple sites are enabled), phone level, or zoom account level is possible.
- Elaborate on the way of enabling international SMS.
Remember, Before enabling the International SMS, you would require the features to be enabled on your account by zoom. As soon as you contact the zoom, kindly permit up to three business days for enabling the feature.
Also, you can enable the International SMS to permit phone users in sending SMS text messages to particular regions or countries. This can be enabled at the account level, where several sites will be disabled. Or At the site level where several sites will be enabled.
The SMS admin guide page on the zoom webpage will provide better information regarding that.
- Can you brief how to enable the SMS for an auto-receptionist or a call queue?
You have to enable SMS for a call queue or auto-receptionist to permit the phone users in receiving or sending Sms messages using phone numbers connected with these extensions.
- How can anyone access SMS logs?
The Sms admin guide page on the zoom site provides better information regarding accessing the Sms logs.
- Does the SMS assist with end-to-end encryption?
Unfortunately, zoom phone SMS fails to support end-to-end encryption.
- Is there a way to opt-out of the zoom SMS provider and instead use a third-party provider?
By using your present SMS provider, you can request an integration.
- Any way of viewing charges for SMS usage?
The phone usage reports would help you in viewing the SMS charges.
FAQs on Zoom SMS Users.
- What are the preconditions for SMS?
The SMS user guide from the zoom web page provides a list of preconditions. When you don’t have SMS access then contact your zoom phone admin.
- What’s the file format for sending images?
You are eligible for sending images of PNG, JPG, or GIF files. The Sms user guide can provide better information.
- Is sending video files possible?
Currently, you can’t send the video files. However, the zoom team is working on this to enable the feature for the future.
- Is receiving or sending messages from the Zoom web portal possible?
It’s not possible to send or receive messages by using the zoom mobile app or desktop client.
- Can you receive or send messages from or to SMS shortcodes? ( for instance, receiving Multi-Factor Authentication codes)
The Zoom team currently does not support shortcodes. For instance, you won’t be able to receive messages for MFA or Multi-Factor Authentication.
- How can I figure out which phone numbers are linked with an SMS message?
During viewing an SMS conversation you have to click on the info button (I) near the recipient’s name or number.
- Which mobile number can you use for receiving or sending SMS messages?
It is only the Canadian or USA direct numbers that have been assigned to you that can be used. When enabled by your admin then you can use the phone numbers associated with an auto-receptionist or call queue (except the main company number).
You won’t be able to use the following phone numbers to receive or send SMS messages.
- Shared kind group phone numbers.
- BYOC phone numbers.
- When I’ve more than one phone number then how can I select my preferred number to send a message?
While you compose a new sms message you can switch over to phone numbers by using the preferred one from the drop-down text box.
From the present SMS conversations however you won’t be able to switch the phone number. Choose Compose a new SMS message for altering the phone number.
- Am I able to send an sms message to a group?
With ten phone numbers, you can send sms messages to a group.
- Can you send the sms messages by using the international phone number?
Not at a particular point in time. However, if you have Canada or US phone numbers then you can send the sms messages with an international phone number
- For SMS, can I use any toll-free number?
Not at a particular point in time. The toll-free number does not support receiving or sending sms messages. But soon the zoom ream will enable the feature.
- Can you send SMS messages to any international phone number?
It is the zoom admin’s discretion that they can enable the ability to receive or send SMS to a particular region or country. The international sent messages to telephone numbers can be metered as per the International messaging rate table.
For further information, you can contact the zoom phone admin.
Remember, when your admin hasn’t enabled the International SMS then also you can send messages to an international phone number when it belongs to a zoom phone user.
- How much time does it take to activate a new phone number?
Once you have added the phone number to your zoom account then kindly wait for at least 2 hours for your number to be activated and start working.
- Can anyone send the messages from the call queue and auto-receptionist phone numbers?
Only if it is enabled by your zoom admin. From the prerequisite section of the feature learn more.
- What possible actions can I take if I’m not receiving text messages to my direct phone number from the selected carriers?
When it’s been more than two hours after adding the phone number to your zoom account then you have to connect with the zoom support for assistance.
- For an SMS message, what’s the character limit?
When you use the zoom mobile app or desktop client then each message would contain up to five hundred characters.
Remember, for the standard sms character limit the sms message can contain up to 160 characters limit. When it exceeds the 160 character limit then the message automatically would get segmented. However, sometimes you can find the exceeded characters in a single message but for recipients, it will arrive in the form of different messages.
All credit- zoom.us