Thanks to Microsoft Teams Rooms for Android (formerly known as the collaboration bars), you are able to build a professional conference room that can be used to replace your usual home office or your workplace focus room, which is equipped with high-quality audio and video.
As you can see in the image below, the meeting space shown in this image is typical of a focus room setup in Teams Rooms.
This device is integrated into the conference room display on the front side of the display, which contains speakers, microphones, and a camera that are all part of the Teams Rooms device, which is integrated into the conference room display.
In order to control the meeting experience, the touch console is mounted on the desk. As soon as the system is installed, the console will be paired with the integrated device, meaning that you will be able to manage it from any location in the building.
A touch-screen control panel can be used if you do not have a touch-screen console available, or you can use an on-screen touch-control panel if your display has a touch-screen functionality.
There are currently several certified solutions available in the Teams Rooms device section (see Teams Rooms devices section), and we expect to add more to our portfolio soon. Depending on your space and requirements, they are available in a number of configurations.
This is one of the most popular models because it integrates mics, speakers, and a camera into one device, which makes the process of installing and using it particularly simple.
Example: Poly Studio X30
The position of the speaker and mic of this model can be adjusted to make them closer to the action by simply adjusting how they are positioned.
Example: Yealink VC210
Whenever the integrated device is paired with a touch console, you will be able to perform all meeting-related tasks from your seat, including joining meetings and starting instant meetings by simply selecting the “Start Meeting” button, making telephone calls, and playing podcasts without having to leave your seat.
Example: Poly TC8
Dual screen support
Depending on the device, two displays may be supported to enable more immersive meetings.
Example: Yealink MeetingBar A20
Sign in and pairing
- It is possible for you to login to Teams Rooms using your registered username and password, or you can choose to sign in from another device, such as a computer or smartphone, using your registered username and password.
When setting up a conference room in a shared space, or when setting up a meeting room at home, you can use your personal account, or you can use the resource account, if you are setting up a meeting room at home.
- If you wish to pair your integrated device with a touch console, you will need to follow the following steps to accomplish this. If you wish to use a touch console, you will need to follow these steps:
a. Use the same account you used to log in to the console in step one in order to continue.
b. The pairing code displayed on the connected display will be entered on the console.
You should make sure you invite the Teams Rooms account when scheduling the meeting if you wish it to appear on the home screen when the meeting is scheduled. If you click on the upcoming meetings sign in button you will be able to see a list of their details, and will be able to join one by simply clicking it on the upcoming meeting list.
In the following image, you can see what a screen looks like on the front of a room display:
A touch console is equipped with a home screen that looks like this:
On the home screen, there is a Dial pad that you can use to make a call.
Start instant meetings
- From the home screen, select the Meet now option.
- If you would like to invite someone, please enter their names here.
Display at the front of the room:
- Start the meeting by selecting the Start meeting button.
Participate in meetings
Alternatively, you can accept an invitation from the group’s home screen or from the group’s home screen itself, which you can join. Take advantage of the high-quality audio and video capabilities of the device to interact with your teammates.
Display at the front of the room:
It is the same controls for teams on the desktop (on the main screen) or the touch console that are used for the meeting controls on the front-of-room screen.
|Control||Use it to||Learn more|
||The contents of the screen can be changed.||Change the layout (below)|
||In addition to any other meeting content, you can also show a list of the meeting participants.|
|Use of the Whiteboard*
Put your call on hold
Use the live captions
Record a meeting*
Change your background during a teams meeting*
||Your video can be shown or hidden according to your preference.|
||Make sure you are mute or unmuted.|
||The meeting has come to an end.|
Please note that this service is only available to personal accounts
Change the layout
In order to view the components of your meeting that are most important to you, you have a variety of useful layouts to choose from.
If you are looking at content plus galleries, you have the option of displaying content alongside people.
In the case of large meetings where 10 or more people are sharing video, you can choose a large gallery view that displays up to 49 video streams at once.
In the fun virtual audience view called together mode, you can have a look at the entire crowd at one time, which will give you a wonderful sense of the crowd as a whole.
To change the layout
- You have the option to choose a view by selecting Layout under the meeting controls.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which features are available on Teams Rooms on Android?
- A brief overview.
- Specifically, hardware.
- The first step is to sign in and pair your device.
- Scheduling meetings is an important part of the process.
- Calls can be made.
- Start an instant meeting by clicking on the button below.
- Attend meetings and participate in them.
- Layout can be changed according to your preference.
Can you use Microsoft Teams on an Android phone?
How do I start a Microsoft Teams meeting on Android?
- Click on Teams in the menu bar. In the app, you can find this on the left side. The first thing you need to do is to choose the channel in which you would like to meet.
- Look for the Meet option in the top-right corner of the Posts tab, located in the tab called Posts. Click on the Meet now drop-down menu and select the option that best meets your needs.
- Choose whether you want to include a video in your meeting and give it a title.
- You can join now when you are ready to do so.
How do I add a room in Microsoft mobile Teams?
You can access it by clicking on the link below. You will be able to search for nearby Teams Rooms through the app and then see a list of them. Move closer to the device you’d like to see if you don’t see it right away. Choose one of the Teams Rooms that is available to you.