Teams Rooms (formerly Skype Room Systems version 2) is an HD video, audio, content sharing and video conferencing solution that allows participants to communicate across Teams or Skype for Business meetings of any size and configuration, from small huddle rooms or conference rooms to large meeting rooms.
What do you want to do?
Every meeting in a conference room is centered around the touchscreen console that is located at the center of the room. As soon as it detects motion, it automatically wakes up. You can do a few things on the screen by pressing the following buttons:
- By selecting the meeting you wish to join, you will be able to join a scheduled meeting.
Note: As a result of setting the room as the meeting location, organizers will be able to see the meeting on the room console once it is scheduled.
- Select the Meet now option to start a new meeting.
- By clicking the dial pad and then entering the number you want to call, you will be able to make a phone call.
- Plug in the cable that connects to the console in order to project your laptop’s screen. This may or may not be projected to the room automatically, depending on the settings on the room console, or you may need to select Present on the console to make it appear in the room.
- Click on the More icon, and you will find instructions on how to add the meeting room to a meeting, how to give feedback on the device, and how to set up the device for different purposes.
When you are in a meeting, you will have the option of managing your video and microphone, sharing content, adding participants, and ending the call when it is time to end.
It is also possible to check out the content and conversations that take place in Skype for Business meetings.
The Microsoft Teams Rooms can be reserved using Outlook if the room is equipped with that feature
- You can access your calendar by opening Outlook and going to the calendar tab.
- The first thing you should do is to check the box next to the Teams Meeting section, or choose New Meeting, and then choose Teams Meeting from the section of new meeting that is displayed.
- The meeting scheduler allows you to select any room in the meeting scheduler or you can enter an email address for the conference room.
- Find a building or list in the search results and select Show a room list.
- There are a number of available rooms for you to choose from in the room selection menu.
- Sending an invitation to a meeting should be done in the same way as sending one for any other type of meeting.
An existing meeting can be enhanced to include Microsoft Teams Rooms by using Skype for Business
- Using your personal device, you can join the meeting.
- Choose Invite More People from the drop-down menu.
- Look on the console for the name of the room (the name can be found on the console), and then select OK.
- To join the meeting, accept the call that appears on the console.
If you already have a meeting setup with Microsoft Teams Rooms, then you can add that room by using Outlook
- Using your personal device, open Outlook and the meeting in your calendar.
- In order to change the name of the ballroom, please input the hall name (found in the meeting scheduler’s room finder) or upload the name of the hall to the console, and send the update so that the name can be updated.
- The meeting will appear in the console if it is accepted by the user.
- On the console, choose the meeting you wish to participate in and click on it.
Attend a meeting that has been scheduled
If you wish to join your meeting, simply go to the console and choose the meeting you wish to join.
On the list, you will find all the meetings that are currently in progress. The meeting screen will stay on your screen for a few seconds after it ends, so that if you need to rejoin the meeting, you can do so easily.
As a result, you will need to invite the room or add the room on your personal device if you want to participate in a meeting that does not appear on the console (either by clicking More options on the meeting tile or by clicking Join on the meeting tile).
Join a scheduled meeting that’s not on the console
- Using your own device, you can join the meeting.
- It is possible to add a room, which will enable you to use the audio and video equipment in that particular room while selecting your audio and video settings. A nearby room can even be detected by your personal device using Bluetooth technology if it is nearby.In this case, you will see the name of the meeting room as well as an option to join the room and add it to your list. It is preferable to join the meeting with your audio off if the nearby room has already joined it, so that you can avoid disrupting the other group by joining the meeting without your audio on.
- When your device does not detect the nearby room, please choose Add a room from the list of other join options available if your device is unable to detect it. Select the room that you are looking for as soon as you find it.
- When you are using a mobile device on your phone, you can either dial a number and search for the room number on the device, or you can select the option to Show participants if you are already a member of the meeting. If, however, you are on a computer, you can select Show participants. To call the room into the meeting, select it from the list, then click OK to make it a part of the meeting.
- There will then be a ringing in the room. Click on the Accept button on the room console if you would like to join the meeting.
Start an unscheduled meeting
- From the room console, select the Meet now option.
- Find the names or numbers of the people you would like to invite under the Type a name or number section.
- Adding people to the list of invitees can be done by selecting them from the list of people.
- After you have listed all the people you want to invite, click on the Invite button once all the people that you want to invite have been listed. There will be an automatic start to your meeting.
- In addition, you can go to the Meetings tab and select Enter a URI. Type in the URI that you want to join if you have a meeting URI that you want to join.
Share your screen with in-room participants
If you want to share your desktop with the attendees of an in-room meeting, then you just need to connect the appropriate connector on your desktop to the appropriate connector on the room console.
There are two ways to share the screen in your room; either you select Present on the room console or it will be shared automatically based on your room settings.
Share your screen with all meeting participants
Using a personal device, you can easily share an attachment with in-room as well as online participants:
- The best way for you to share what you want to share with the group is to join the meeting on your personal device and select Share.
- The cable that is connected to the room console can be used to connect your personal device to the console. A room’s settings may trigger the sharing of your screen automatically or you may need to use the Share command on the console at the front of the room in order to activate it.
Share in-room content
Streaming a traditional whiteboard into a meeting with the use of content cameras is an excellent way to ensure that remote participants can see what is being drawn on the whiteboard as it is streamed into the meeting. You will be able to write on a square whiteboard, the ink will be enhanced, and anyone standing in front of you as you are writing will be transparent when you are writing on it.
Using the room console, select Share > Content camera if the room has a content camera.
Stop sharing your desktop
On the console, select the option Stop presenting.
Make a phone call
- From the room console, select the dial pad.
- Click on the Call button after you have dialed a number.
Manage a meeting
Add a participant
- Select the participants you would like to invite from the Add participants menu.
- Add people to the list of invitees by selecting them from the list of people.
- After you have selected all of the names of the people you would like to invite from your list on your list of people to invite, click on the Invite button.
Pin a participant’s video
On the room console, choose the name of the person whose video you want to watch on the screen of the meeting room, then choose “Pin”. This will show you the video of one person in the meeting space.
Remove a participant from the meeting
On the room console, select the name of the person you want to remove from the meeting, and click Remove participant from meeting.
Participate in the meeting chat
- On the console of the room, select Conversation.
- Use the keyboard to type a message in Type a message, click Send, or press the Enter key to send the message, and then either click Send or tap OK.
Manage the screen layout
- On the console of the room, select the Layout option.
- The layouts for the display of your room can be toggled between by navigating to the settings section of the page.
Note: In case you have only one display, you have the option of choosing whether to show shared content only or people along with the shared content. The content will be shown on one display and the people will be shown on the other display if you have two displays. When you select a layout, the displays will be swapped so that one displays what the other displays.
- It is possible to mute or unmute the room microphone by selecting Mic on the room console.
- You can adjust the speaker volume by selecting Volume up or Volume down. You can also mute the speaker by selecting Volume down.
- You can mute a participant by selecting the name of the participant, and then selecting Mute next to that name.
- To turn the room camera on and off, select the Camera button on the console of your room.
- In order to stop streaming the room’s video, or to choose which video device to use, tap Camera Off.
Remove uploaded content
You have the option to remove any content for the presentation that you have uploaded before the meeting has ended if you leave before your scheduled meeting time is up.
- Select the content that you would like to remove from the room console and go to the Content menu.
- If you wish to remove the item, select it.
Leave a meeting
It is possible to leave a meeting by selecting the Leave meeting button on the room console.
Then, on the console of the room, rate the call with a star rating between 1 and 5.