There is no doubt that Zoom Events is an immersive platform where consumers are able to participate in new experiences that are interactive and engaging, produced by creators of all sizes: from large media organizations to creative individuals.
Prerequisites for Zoom Events Attendees
- Zoom desktop client:
- Windows: 5.8.6 or higher
- macOS: 5.8.6 or higher
- Zoom mobile client
- iOS: 5.8.6 or higher
- Android: 5.8.6 or higher
- Basic user
How to use Attendee Mode
When attendees are viewing Zoom Events in Attendee Mode, they can browse events in an organized manner.
When a landing hub is specified
You will be directed to the landing hub when a host specifies their landing hub. Browse the events listed on the landing hub. Zoom Events’ landing hub is the first page you see after signing in.
You will find your landing Hub will be listed first in the navigation menu, followed by your default Hub, when you click Hubs in the top right corner or check the Hubs that you’re following in the left navigation menu.
When a landing hub is not specified
During initial sign-up to Zoom Events, if there is no landing hub specified by you, you will be redirected to the Tickets page.
- Favorites, Tickets, and Hubs are the only options in the top header.
- You’ll be taken to your favorite events’ page on the Tickets page if you click this.
- There are four tabs on this page that show all your tickets. They are arranged as upcoming, past, orders, and favorites.
- These are events that you have registered for in the future.
- These are events that you have registered for in the past.
- This displays all of your past orders.
- You can see the following information about your past orders:
- Event Name
- Indicates how many tickets have been registered for this event.
- Total Paid:
- Displays the amount you have paid for your ticket.
- Order Time:
- The date and time the ticket was purchased.
- An Order Canceled status will appear if you canceled your order.
- Orders can be filtered. You can filter your orders by selecting All Orders or Order Refunds in the All Orders dropdown menu.
- Click the ellipses then click the following actions to the right of an order:
- View Details:
- This displays the details of the event ticket.
- Cancel Order:
- During the cancellation period set by the host, you can cancel your order. To cancel, click Yes, Cancel Order in the verification dialog box.
- The cancellation is irreversible.
- You can see the following information about your past orders:
- Shows the events you enjoy the most.
- Here you can browse through the Hubs. You can view their events by clicking on any of them.
- You can do the following when clicking your profile picture:
- Go to the Notification Center (notification center)
- Go to the OnZoom website
- Where you will find the Attendee Payment and Billing section
- Under “Sign Out”
How to register for Zoom Events
To join a Zoom event, users must use the same email account they used to register for or purchase tickets to Zoom Events when they log into the Zoom desktop client.
If you would like more information on how Zoom Events can be registered, please visit this support article on the topic.
How to join Zoom Events
Learn how to join Zoom Events in this support article.
How to get started with conference lobby
An event that takes place in a conference venue begins in the lobby. In order to find out more about Zoom Events’ conference lobby, please visit the Zoom Events Support article on how to begin using it.
How to attend a Zoom Events Expo
In Zoom Events, there is a feature called Expo, which allows event organizers to set up a virtual exhibition that has the functionality of networking and chat to allow attendees to interact with exhibitors and other attendees.
In order to learn more about how to attend a Zoom Events Expo, please see the Support article on the topic.
How to use payment methods for Zoom Events Attendees
Zoom Events attendee payment methods are explained in detail in the Zoom Events support article.
How to purchase a Zoom Events ticket with a credit or debit card
In order to learn more about the purchase of a Zoom Events ticket with a credit or debit card, please review our support article.
How to purchase a Zoom Events ticket with a PayPal account
You can learn more about buying Zoom Events tickets with a PayPal account in the support article.
How to sync Zoom Events to your calendar
The following Support article will provide you with more information about syncing Zoom Events with your calendar.
How to share contact information with the event organizer
When you register for some Zoom Events events, you may be asked to share your contact information with the host so that they can assist you. Once you consent to allow Zoom Events to share your contact information with Zoom Events Hosts, your contact information will be sent to Zoom Events Hosts. As we mentioned earlier, it is extremely important to know that once the Host receives your information they may use that information according to their own separate privacy policies. The host may, for example, send you information about future events, or share your information with third parties, to provide you with more information about the event, future events, or other marketing communications. Before providing personal information to a host, you should carefully review their policies. A host’s event listing or profile page will have policies regarding their event, or a host may be able to provide these policies upon request.
The Host will be able to share your contact information with the Workshop Host if you do not register for the event, or if you delete the check box, I agree that Zoom Events may share my contact information with the Workshop Host, or if you otherwise do not select it. We encourage you to contact your host directly if you have questions about how your information is going to be used and to read their privacy policies and obtain them.
The Zoom Events privacy statement will also enable you to find more information regarding Zoom Events’ data collection and use practices.
How to view the event profile (event details page)
- Join Zoom Events by logging in with your Zoom account.
- Then, click the Hubs icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click on the Event tab.
- Scroll down until you find the event that you wish to see.
You will be able to see the event profile (details of the event).
You will find important information about the event in the event profile, including details about the event host and the agenda. Additionally, you will be able to register from this page, view the details of your tickets, and join a conference lobby.
View the event profile
For events, you can view the following information on the event profile (also known as the event details page):
- Event name
- Event description
- Event Host
- Event Hub
- Event dates and times
- Event fundraiser
- Share button
- Favorite button
- Event category and tag
- List of available countries and regions
- Notice that the event will be recorded or livestreamed
- Event Host contact information and description
- Report button
Sessions, Speakers, and Sponsors are the three tabs that appear on conference event profiles.
- Tab Sessions:
- View upcoming session information. On this page, you’ll find session titles, dates, and times. To see more about each session, click its title. You can see the session image, the tracks, the speakers and the description of the session in the right panel.
- The featured session is displayed in the Featured Sessions section.
- To search for other sessions, click the Search Sessions box. It is also possible to filter your results by clicking the Filter button, followed by selecting Tracks, Audiences, Products, and Levels and how you want to filter (if applicable).
- The Search Sessions search box will display all session information within the current event.
- Speakers tab:
- Find out more about the speaker for the event. The Speakers’ and their sessions’ titles can be viewed at a glance. To view more information about each speaker, click on their name. Besides the picture of the Speaker, you may also see their title, firm, company, URLs of their social media accounts, biographies, and images of their sessions in the right panel.
- In the section ‘Featured Speakers’ you will find a listing of the speakers who will participate in the event.
- To find out which sessions are available, click on the Search Speakers button. The results of your search can also be filtered by clicking the filters button, then selecting Tracks, Audiences, Products, Levels (if applicable) from the drop-down menu.
- All the speakers for the event will be displayed under the search box, “Search Speakers.”.
- Sponsors tab:
- Find out who the sponsors are. Sponsors’ names, tiers, and biographies can be viewed at a glance. You can click on a Sponsor for additional information. Right-hand panel offers information about Sponsors and their photos, names, and biographies; it also includes information about Sponsor Representatives, and their names and images.
- In order to view a list of all the event sponsors and their privacy policies, you can click View Sponsor Privacy Policies.
How to favorite an event
- Join Zoom Events by logging into your Zoom account.
- On the top right hand side, click Hubs.
- Locate the Hub that contains the event you wish to favorite and click the favorite button.
- You can favorite an event by finding it on the calendar and clicking the Favorite button on the event’s card.
In the top-right corner you can see a list of all the events you have favorited by clicking Favorites.
How to share an event
- Register for a Zoom event by logging in to your account.
- Then click the Hubs link in the upper right corner of the page.
- Find the Hub which has the event you wish to share, and then click the button to open it.
- Choose the event that you wish to share.
Once the event details have been displayed, you can share it.
- On the details page of the event, there is a Share button.
- By clicking this button, you can choose how you would like to share the event.
- To email the event, click the icon.
Type your message and click Send.
- Social media:
- You can upload the event to Facebook, Messenger, Twitter, or LinkedIn depending on how you’d like to share it.
- Share Event Link:
- Paste the URL of the event into the sharing tool.
How to gift an event ticket
There is the possibility of purchasing a ticket to an event and then gifting or transferring the ticket to another person.
If you wish to gift an event:
- Sign up for Zoom Events.
- Click Tickets on the top right.
- Scroll down and click “Gift.”.
This will open a pop-up window.
- Put the email address of the person to whom the ticket should be gifted in the pop-up window.
- Add a message explaining why this ticket is a gift.
- Then select Gift.
Opt in to share contact information
The gift recipient will be able to opt-in to their contact information when they receive a ticket as a gift.
Opt in through the Tickets tab
Click on the Tickets tab to opt in:
- Zoom Events can be accessed by logging in.
- Click the Tickets button located in the upper right corner of Zoom.
- You will now be able to find the gift ticket that you received.
- I agree that Zoom can share my contact information with the Host for purposes of news, events and other marketing communications. (Optional) Select the following check box: I consent to Zoom sharing my contact information with the Host.
Alternatively, you can select this checkbox in the ticket details by clicking View Order and selecting the checkbox.
Opt in through ticket details
Through ticket details, you can opt in:
- Zoom Events requires you to sign in.
- Click Tickets at the top right of the page.
- Scroll down to the gift ticket and click View Order.
- Check the following check box if you agree to Zoom sharing my contact information with the Host for news, events, and marketing purposes and I authorize Zoom to use my information for these purposes.
How to cancel your registration
In accordance with the cancellation policy of the host, you may cancel your registration at any time.
How to contact the host?
- Zoom Events requires a Zoom account.
- Click Tickets at the top of the screen.
- Locate the event with the host you wish to contact from the list of your registered events.
- Click the View Order button.
- Choose Contact Host from the menu.
- Write an email and send it to the Host.
How to create your own itinerary
In a large event with concurrent sessions, your itinerary will be your own schedule during the event.
- Join Zoom Events by logging in.
- Then click the Hubs icon on the right side of the screen.
- After clicking a Hub, you will only see events that are available in that Hub.
- To attend an event, click on that event.
A detailed view of the event will then appear.
- To join the lobby click the button.
- A bookmark icon will appear on the session image.
If you wish to remove the session from the itinerary click the bookmark icon again.
- Click the Itinerary icon.
Click the bookmark icon. The session will appear on the calendar.
How to watch video recordings of past sessions
If event hosts include access to their recordings with registration, they may be able to record and make recordings available.
A recording of an event will only be available after the event for seven days. The conference recording (for which access has been granted) is available as long as the lobby is open.
Watch recordings of past sessions
You can access a recording of an event when you register for it from these locations:
- On the Tickets page you will find the recording link for your event ticket
- For the conference lobby
Watch recordings from the conference lobby
- The conference lobby of an event can be accessed.
- Choose itineraries.
- Select the session you wish to view.
- Then click Watch in the session.
How to follow a hub
- Zoom Events requires you to sign in.
- Click Hubs in the top right corner.
- Scroll down and select your desired hub.
- Follow the hub by clicking the follow button.
The Hub will now receive an email, informing you that you have been added to its following list.
How to report unwelcome behavior?
If you are in a situation that you want escalated to the event hosts, you can do so by completing the following form:
- Join Zoom Events by logging in.
- Then, find the event which you would like to report and join the event lobby.
- Scroll all the way down to the bottom.
- There is a button for reporting.
- Please enter the details of the situation there.
- When you are done, click the Submit button.