An overview of Android features is provided in this article. You can join meetings, schedule your own meetings, chat with contacts, and view a contact directory with the Zoom Cloud Meetings app on Android.
There may be limitations related to licenses or add-ons that prevent access to certain features. Detailed information about prerequisites and configuration can be found in the features-specific articles.
This article covers:
- Sign in and Join
- Meet & Chat
- Zoom Cloud Meetings app (available on Google Play)
Sign in and Join
You can join a meeting without signing in by clicking Join a Meeting after you launch Zoom. Tap Sign In to start or schedule your own meeting.
Sign in with your Zoom, Google, or Facebook account. SSO is also supported. Sign up if you don’t have an account. Forgot your Zoom password? Tap Forgot Password if you have a Zoom account.
Meet & Chat
Tap Meet & Chat after signing in to access the following meeting features:
- New Meeting :
- Create an instant meeting using your PMI or a new meeting ID. Find out how hosts can control the meeting.
- Join :
- Use the meeting ID to join the meeting. Find out how to control the meeting in-meeting.
- Schedule :
- Set up a one-time or recurring meeting.
- Share Screen :
- You can share your device screen to a Zoom Room by entering a sharing key or meeting ID.
- Call a Room :
- Start a meeting with an H.323 or SIP device. This requires an additional add-on for the account and the IP address or URI of the H.323/SIP device.
- Find your starred contacts and start a chat with them.
- Use your personal chat space by tapping your name.
- Additional contacts and channels will be displayed.
Additionally, you can access the following features:
- The Zoom Room pairing icon looks like this:
- Use your mobile app instead of the Zoom Room controller to control the meeting in a nearby Zoom Room.
- Compose icon :
- Launch a one-on-one conversation with a contact.
Zoom Phone features can be accessed by tapping the Phone icon.
A Zoom Phone license is required.
- Use your direct phone number or your company number to call a number or contact.
- History tab:
- Review your call history, including answered, missed, and recorded calls.
- Voicemail tab:
- Listen to and delete voicemail messages.
- Lines tab:
- Access all lines you have access to.
- SMS tab:
- Review any SMS messages you have sent or received.
- Compose icon :
- Create a new message.
To view your Personal Meeting Room information and other upcoming meetings, tap Meetings.
Meeting dates will be listed first, and recurring meetings at the bottom will not be listed.
The top-right corner of the screen has a refresh icon if you do not see a scheduled meeting.
You will only see your scheduled meetings by default and any meetings you have been invited to will not be displayed. In order to view meetings you’ve been invited to or non-Zoom meetings, you will need to integrate your calendar with Zoom.
You can add new contacts by tapping Contacts.
- Contacts tab:
- You can tap the contacts to see your options, such as starting a one-on-one chat with them, scheduling a meeting or phone call, or seeing their status.
- Channels tab:
- This is where you can view your group message channels. You can see the channels that have been starred at the top.
- Apps tab:
- You can view the list of applications you have connected, typically in the form of automated chatbots.
- Plus icon :
- Show contact and channel options. Using the Marketplace, you can add contacts, create contact groups, join channels, or add apps.
To view the settings for meetings and chats, tap Settings.
- You can change your profile picture, name, and password by tapping your name.
- Configure meeting settings, such as enabling/disabling your microphone, mirror video, and others.
- Search for phone contacts who are using Zoom, and approve requests.
- Changes chat settings, such as notifications, unready message order, etc.
- Zoom Phone (only visible if you have it):
- Adjust settings related to call queues, shared line groups, etc.
- Set ringtones, for example.
- About Zoom:
Find out more about Zoom settings.