The Zoom Rooms can be controlled using voice commands, which minimizes the use of touch screens. Zoom Rooms’ native voice engine allows users to issue voice commands without the need for additional equipment or setup.
This article covers:
- How to enable voice commands for Zoom Rooms
- Toggling voice commands on or off from a Zoom Rooms controller
- How to use voice commands
Prerequisites for enabling and using voice commands for Zoom Rooms
- A version of Zoom Rooms higher than 5.7.0 is required
- to edit Zoom Rooms if you are an account owner, administrator or member of a role with editing rights
How to enable voice commands for Zoom Rooms
- Zoom’s web portal can be accessed by logging in.
- Select Zoom Rooms under Room Management.
- With Zoom Rooms, you can enable voice commands from the account, location, or room settings using the location hierarchy. Click Account Settings in this example.
- Select Meeting from the list of tabs, then toggle the use voice commands setting.
Toggling voice commands on or off from a Zoom Rooms controller
- By default, voice commands are enabled in the Zoom web portal if you have enabled them.
- Turn off Voice Commands on the Zoom Rooms controller by tapping the bottom right corner.
- Turn on Voice Commands again by tapping the same option.
- While in a Zoom Rooms meeting, you can toggle this feature on and off.
- Changing the settings within Zoom Rooms only affects the meeting itself.
How to use voice commands
|You can say…||Zoom Rooms will…|
|“Hello Zoom”||This is the wake word to get started. The Zoom Room will be ready to receive commands. You can also say this command followed by another.|
|Check in and keep the room reserved, or free the room for others to use if checking out.|
“Start scheduled meeting”
“Start instant meeting”
|Start a scheduled or instant meeting.|
|“Join meeting ID” (say the ID number)||Join the meeting ID you have selected. If the meeting requires a passcode you will be prompted to say it. The passcode must be said one character at a time.|
|“Join personal link” (say the personal link name. You must say one character at a time)||Join the personal link. If there is a passcode, you will be prompted to say it. The personal link name and passcode must be said one character at a time.|
|“Delete”||Delete the last number or character you entered.|
|Leave or end the meeting.|
- For this reason, you can delete the last character from the meeting ID, personal link, or passcode if it is detected that you are using an incorrect number or character. Try saying the character slightly differently if the system detects the incorrect character during a subsequent attempt. In the example above, if you say “a” and the number 8 appears, instead say “lowercase a”.