If you want to deploy a world-class communications experience, Zoom Phone Hardware as a Service (HaaS) allows you to choose from a variety of subscription options for phone hardware. Using budget-friendly hardware choices as well as simple technology upgrades, you can scale your handsets for an affordable, fixed monthly fee.
As an admin who has purchased a device belonging to HaaS and would like to assign it to users, please follow the steps in this guide. This guide can be used by people with a mobile phone to log in to their HaaS device and find more information about it. View the Zoom Phone Appliance HAS getting started guide if you have one.
- License for Zoom Phone
Here is a list of Zoom Phone HAS devices. You can view the documentation for each product by clicking the links below:
- CCX600 w/ camera
- Trio 8500
- WiFi adapter
How to assign a device to a phone user (admin)
The device will automatically be provisioned to the account after purchasing a Zoom Phone HAS device. In the web portal, it will be unassigned.
The device can be assigned to a phone user in three ways:
- (One at a time) Assign devices to phone users
- By batch editing via the phone user and assigning multiple devices at the same time
- Getting a phone user to sign in to the device by batch editing
- The display name for HaaS devices will be the same as the default display name for desk phones (Desk Phones).
- HaaS devices will have a label after their display name which identifies them as HaaS devices.
- You will be able to access the devices at the site where they were shipped to if you have more than one site.
- The device will be moved to the same site as the phone user, even if the phone user belongs to an entirely different site than the original site.
- However, removal of HAS devices from a Zoom web portal cannot be completed manually.
How to sign in to a device’s web interface (admin)
The administrator password is set in the Zoom web portal when you select advanced as the user name.
You can login as a user with the admin password in the web portal of the Poly D230 using the following URL.
Zoom’s web portal requires an administrator password and advanced as a user name.
How to activate a device (phone user)
A Zoom Phone HaaS device can be activated to be assigned to you. In order to do so, you need your voicemail PIN and extension number.
- There is a link in the Zoom Phone welcome email to find your extension number and voicemail PIN. You can also find this information in the Zoom Phone settings (PIN setting). As an alternative, you can contact your Zoom Phone administrator, and he or she will send you this information again.
- Voicemail PINs are generated at random by Zoom Phone. Please make sure you change your voicemail PIN once your new device has been activated.
- You’ll hear an audio prompt when you try to sign into an assigned device on Zoom Phone. Following the steps below, assign the device to yourself after the device has been resynchronized and unassigned from the previous user.
- Utilize the Ethernet cable provided with the desk phone to connect to an Ethernet network. Power over Ethernet (PoE) is not supported on your network; connect your power adapter and plug it in.
Once the phone boots up, it automatically downloads the latest firmware.
- The home screen will appear once the phone boots up.
- Follow these steps to sign in:
- You will be prompted to enter your extension number and voicemail PIN upon hearing the audio prompts.
- Go to Zoom Phone settings to change your PIN. Find the PIN Code setting.
Visit these resources to familiarize yourself with your new device:
- An introduction to the VVX series of phones
- In Poly’s support center
- Documentation for Polyphones
- An overview of the Yealink T4 and T5 series phones’ quick start guide
- For Yealink documentation regarding
- Yealink documentation for phones
- You can also visit the product page for your device.
Check out these resources if you’re having problems with your device. Some troubleshooting steps require you to have admin access to the device.
Please contact support if you continue to experience issues with your HaaS device.
How to return or replace a device
Discover how to return or exchange your device if you’re having issues with it or if you wish to end your rental.